Sr Applications Programmer 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SR APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMER
JOB LOCATION: BLYTHEWOOD SC
DURATION: 12 MONTHS
Sigma Systems is looking to hire a Sr Application programmer.
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. May require an associate's degree in a related area and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of common.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
* Business processes for SCDMV systems are supported by microfocus net express COBOL programs running in CICS TX series on windows 2008r2 servers.
* This assignment will support development of new business functions and troubleshooting, modification, and enhancement of existing functions in this environment within the existing SCDMV application framework.
* Projects may include business logic supporting on-line systems, batch programming, data extraction, and reports involving all SCDMV business areas.
* Some production trouble shooting support will be expected so some level of production support experience is desirable.
* SCDMV is in the process of migrating to microfocus visual COBOL developed and maintained under visual studio 2015 and running in an iis environment instead of CICS thus experience in this development and system environment would be a huge plus but does not override the basic need.
* This contractor will be expected to work with minimal supervision, will be in direct contact with business area specialists, develop technical approaches and designs, code, test, and support these functions. Communications skills must be excellent.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyze the SCDMV Phoenix Ii, Web Service and Batch Business Applications
2. Take the lead in analyzing and trouble-shooting assigned system problems
3. Propose solutions
4. Code, test, promote, and interact with impacted users ensuring that solution meets requirements.
5. Provide daily and weekly status to the development manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
COBOL Development with Microfocus Net Express and / or VISUAL COBOL in a Windows Server environment using CICS TX SERIES for windows server 2008.
Application programming against RDBMS (ORACLE, SQL)
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Microfocus visual COBOL development in visual studio 2015
Cobol running in IIS environment
Microsoft team foundation server
Prefer bachelor's degree in information technology related discipline with 6 years of experience or minimum 8 years related experience.
Not required but MS technical certifications will be factored in the selection process.
Microfocus certifications are a significant advantage