Sr. Art Director, Momentum
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Your job will mean defining, beautifying and crafting the look of some of the world s biggest, most well-known brands. You ll design for a variety of media that defy the two-dimensional and live in personal experience. You ll love this job because starting your day with blank pages getting placed in front of you, waiting for you to design gorgeous experiences that have never been done before, excites you. You ll be at a place where ideas get produced, not left for dead in brainstorms, and those ideas come to life in tangible ways that you can actually experience in the real world. You ll get a chance to step up, get client-facing experience, and be an instrumental voice in pitches and presentations.
There s no one roadmap for brand experience; you ll build visual stories from the ground up on a daily basis. We ll show you the goal and you ll get us there how will be up to you. You ll show off your design chops by being able to effortlessly swap styles and looks for a variety of clients and environments. You want to make more than just a print ad or a commercial you want to make anything and everything and that s not hyperbole. Some days you ll work on the video for a microsite, other days you ll make a billboard or stunning still images for a live experience or who knows* This isn t cookie-cutter ad school art directing this is brand experience.
We challenge ourselves to create ideas that are so terrifyingly good they make us nauseous. That s what you ll do.
/ WHY YOU LL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Because the idea that a brand s action is more important than its rhetoric is the key to ouR entire approach. The experiences people have help decide what a brand means to them emotionally, socially and when it's time to buy. Experience creates real connections that lead to loyalty, advocacy and sales. So Momentum imagines and creates what we call the total brand experience. We connect brands and people in authentic ways that give real value to both. For people, that means memorable, valuable experiences after which they love the brand for who it is and what it does. For brands, that means loyalty, sales, conversion, share and more.
Hi. We re Momentum Worldwide.
Let s get it on.
/ HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO (RESPONSIBILITIES)
* Designs so beautifully that Jony Ive would turn green
* A thinker and not just a monkey banging away at a keyboard; able to conceptualize and visualize how to bring an idea to life
* Chameleon-like in your ability to change styles, looks and feels and able to create content for any medium
* Reads a brief and immediately has design ideas that challenge, while reflecting the client s needs
* Passionate about creating experiences through integrated marketing, bringing tangible value to the audience
* Looks at things through consumers eyes and thinks about their journey
* Talks smart; a communicator who can sell ideas to clients and business leaders alike
* Pop culture and trend watcher who knows what is going on and why people care
* A ball of fire who gets a project and goes hard after it, staying on schedule without having their hand held every step of the way
* Thirsty for knowledge, you want to learn and adapt as our clients regularly update their branding and messaging
* Curious, in the office and in the world, and eager to share the knowledge you gather
* A strong personal aesthetic, you know what designs you love and can specifically articulate why something appeals to you visually
* Not a copywriter, but you understand how art and words work together and want to touch a lot of different styles
/ HERE S WHAT WE RE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS)
* Typically 6+ years of relevant professional experience
* Effective in managing and delegating work to other team members
* Demonstrates passion for integrated marketing and understands the value translating into the creation of an exciting product
* Effective communicator can relay ideas in a logical manner as well as delivering solid written and verbal communication
* Advanced computer skills Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
* Proven success in project management and managing multiple priorities
* Thorough understanding of commercial design and marketing communications
At Momentum Worldwide, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits and all other privileges of employment.
St. Louis, Missouri, United States