Sr. Assistant Contract Administrator 8/20/2016
New York State Homes and Community Renewal
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR ASSISTANT CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR
TO APPLY, please send resume and cover letter to: Michelle.Tomsia@nyshcr.org
New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) fosters the creation and preservation of high quality affordable housing, while working strategically to revitalize neighborhoods and communities throughout the Empire State. Under the leadership of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and Commissioner James S. Rubin, HCR is a vibrant, innovative agency that integrates and leverages New York State's housing resources. We have offices in New York City, Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse, and employ a diverse workforce of professionals who are hard-working and committed to serving low and moderate income families. Our mission is far reaching, encompassing single and multifamily housing finance, home improvement, rent regulation, housing subsidies, and community development. We partner regularly with a variety of public and private stakeholders.
Achieving this mission requires a wide range of skills and backgrounds in public policy, administration, real estate, architecture, finance, law and many other areas of expertise. We seek to provide a workplace environment that is productive, flexible, accountable, ethical and caring. Our employees are empowered to make a difference where they live and work. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, retirement and family-friendly policies.
The Office of Professional Services (OPS) is responsible for all administrative and support services, including Human Resources, Communications and Public Information, Fair Housing, Policy Development, Competitive Procurement and Contract Management, Fiscal Planning, Accounting and Treasury Services, Facilities and Building Management Services, Internal Audit, Project Management and Information Technology Services. OPS values professionals that enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and who have the skills required to effectively plan, direct, and coordinate HCR's wide array of support services.
The Senior Assistant Contract Administrator will be responsible for assisting the Vice President of Contracts and Administration (Vice President) with matters relating to procurements and contracts, preparation of materials for the Agencies' Boards and State governmental agencies and other related matters of the Agencies. The Senior Assistant Contract Administrator will also perform a wide range of tasks including, but not limited to: developing invitation for bids and requests for proposals; drafting evaluation tools; conducting bid openings; ensuring that solicitations comply with all rules, regulations, statutes and procedures; reviewing and monitoring procurement and contract processes; drafting memoranda and contracts; preparing various procurement and contract reports; maintaining procurement record; performing general research; troubleshooting assistance for problem resolutions relating to procurements and contracts; serving as support and back-up for the Vice President; and other related procurement and contract matters as directed.
Job Opportunities at New York State Homes and Community Renewal
- Bachelor's degree as well as relevant academic training or transferrable skills.
- Minimum of five years of experience with governmental procurements and contracts
- Excellent organizational and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Superior writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to assist with training staff.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and outside contacts.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and other computer skills.
- Ability to be precise and good facility in making distinctions.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to generate worthwhile new ideas or techniques having practical applications.
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately and to exercise care in safeguarding proprietary information.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibility and to acquire additional expertise through training, experience and education.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Knowledge of NYS Procurement Guidelines and the State Financial System
- Knowledge of NYS statutes relating to procurement
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be part of New York's resurgence to greatness;
- Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits;
- Promotional opportunity for dedicated professionals.