Associate Design Engineer - Hamilton, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCORPORATE OVERVIEW:
HUBBELL INCORPORATED is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Currently, CMC (a division of Hubbell, Inc.) has an opening in their Hamilton, Ohio facility for an experienced Senior Associate Engineer .
The Associate Design Engineer ensures customer specifications are clearly defined through issuance and revising of part drawings, drawings for related tooling and dies, maintenance of pertinent engineering documents, while complying with current ISO requirements, all safety requirements, and good housekeeping standards
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Draw, revise and issue part drawings.
* Draw and revise B drawings.
* Assign B part numbers and new nine-digit part numbers.
* Enter and revise the following on the AS400 computer system.
* Item Master information
* Bill of materials
* Work Center information
* Maintain engineering part files and customer part cross references.
* When necessary, draw, revise and issue prints for markers, molds, dies, gages and other tooling.
* Order any special quality requirements for new jobs.
* May be required to train any new employee assigned to the area.
* Performs other duties as directed by supervisors.
* Store technical catalogs, related literature and any other types of engineering documents.
* Become familiar with the different items which makeup the engineering work station including the computer print files, part folder files, and other related materials and items.
* Know where to find resource materials (ie: customer drawings, customer spec book, material spreadsheet, etc.)
* Understand how raw materials, components, and finished products are identified using the nine-digit part number system.
* Know where the master print drawing files in the engineering department are located and understand how the drawings and associated documents are filed.
* Know how the drawings are laid out, the pertinent dimensions, any CMS Specification or other requirements.
* Demonstrate how to create quote drawings and fill out new part process form so new part or revised part can be quoted to customer. Show where to file quote information. Know the engineering inputs used to calculate weights and machine hours.
* Know how to use Autodesk Inventor/AutoCad to create new part drawings, revise an existing part print, and how to save and store part files.
* Know how to create a new nine digit number including bill of material, routing information, and how to file all documentation.
* Know how to write and process an Engineering Change Request (ECR) and Engineering Change Notice (ECN)
* Explain what happens when an in-process deviation is sent to engineering for investigation, and how to complete follow-up documentation.
* Know how to enter all data into CMC material control system, including customer cross reference numbers.
* Know the importance of working with sales on customer design or redesign issues.
* Know how to inspect a part and work with manufacturing to resolve production problems. It may be necessary to work with quality to resolve or prevent customer quality issues.
* Know how to design and order tooling.
* Understand how engineering works with purchasing and cost accounting to enter data in the mainframe system that feeds cost and quote files.
* General understanding of labor rates, burden, standard hours, item classes and 2nd item types.
* General understanding of manufacturing principles; sheet metal fabrication and material alloys.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
* Prior CAD skills required.
* Bachelor's degree; Engineering preferred
* 1-2 years related experience and/or training
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.