Sr. Associate, Marketing Strategy & Analysis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Sapient Government Services (US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONSAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES, INC.
Sapient Government Services (SGS) is looking for people who simply put are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of todays toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at SGS, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to todays challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now its at Sapient Government Services.
JOB TITLE Marketing Strategist
JOB TITLE: Senior Associate Marketing Strategy and Analysis REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD, Arlington, VA
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-time
START DATE: Immediately
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Public Trust
Selected individual will serve in a communication capacity within a Federal government agency focused on health, science, and research. This position requires extensive experience writing and editing corporate communications, including articles, emails, and blog posts on behalf of senior leaders and C-suite executives. In addition to marketing expertise, candidates should be comfortable working in a general consulting capacity, meaning, the selected individual must demonstrate mid-level career expertise in business process management, strategic consulting, project facilitation and analytics and reporting.
The work will primarily support the overall communications strategy of the agency, playing a key role in the tactical execution of strategic plans. The right person for the role will feel comfortable in a highly collaborative environment, while also being able to work independently and take ownership of their assignments.
* Serve as the accountable owner of communication programs within the clients domain
* Create content and draft copy for various communication channels
* Translate technical jargon and technical reports into plain language information.
* Serve in an advisor/executor role to agency leadership on everything from strategic communication best practices to the execution of specific deliverables (e.g., talking points, briefings, one-pagers, all-staff messages)
* Develop and manage communication strategies to support business or program objectives
* Facilitate project or program owners to capture objectives and document business strategies or processes to mitigate risk and impacts
* Work with project owners or program management staff to ensure sound project or program (or service delivery) practices are enabled prior to delivery of messaging
* Direct the identification of audience segments and personas to drive key messages themes
* Manage activities and resources within a coordinated communication plan
* Create communication and outreach deliverables
* Lead primary and secondary research efforts and translate findings into recommendations and actionable next steps
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
* Four to six years of relevant work experience in communications strategy and planning
* Experience within the Federal government - health, healthcare, research or science fields are a plus
* Demonstrated experience working with the C-suite or top Federal agency leadership
* Ability to work with ambiguity, selected candidate will be expected to demonstrate examples of how business needs were met with a solution that was outside of the clients original request
* Experience with managing people and processes
* Experience with client or account management
* Excellent writing skills
* Strong expertise with web content and usability best practices
* Strong expertise with collaboration tools, social media, and new media.
* Strong expertise with IT concepts and emerging IT trends and technologies
* Ability to create and deliver clear, powerful and concise presentations/proposals, highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design principles
* Proficiency with web authoring tools, web content management systems, Web 2.0, HTML and CSS
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
* Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
* Bachelors Degree required from college or University
ABOUT SAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Sapient Government Services, a division of Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Companys business.
SAPIENT US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO SAPIENT US WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.