Sr. Associate Quality Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONMilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the position is to provide the experience and skills necessary to perform analytical testing and evaluation of stability samples, raw materials and finished products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Perform routine testing and peer review of raw materials, intermediates and final products, and stability samples.
* Utilize written procedures to perform routine and non-routine product testing.
* Work in accordance with current GMPs and demonstrate proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices.
* Participate in method development and validation activities to support product testing.
* Contribute to support function of the laboratory.
* Contribute and lead process improvement projects.
Education: BA/BS in the Life or Physical Sciences or equivalent relevant experience required.
Experience: At least 5 years of GMP laboratory experience
Essential and Critical Skills:
* General laboratory techniques (theory and practice)
* Experience with various laboratory techniques, such as HPLC and Electrophoresis
* Working Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices for pharmaceutical manufacturing (21 CFR 210 & 211 and/or ICH Q7A)
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
* Strong time management, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated success in leading and contributing to project teams and process improvements
MilliporeSigma plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.