This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSITION DESCRIPTION
Currently available, highly visible opportunity for a dynamic, results driven candidate for the role of Senior Auditor at the headquarters in Livingston, New Jersey. In this important position, the candidate will participate in audits performing a variety of audit activities in the various CIT business segments and/or corporate functions. The auditor will report to Audit teams. The successful candidate will:
* Identify areas of risk, and recognizes whether the related controls are operating effectively.
* Communicate professionally with both team members and management regarding audit observations. Work to build productive relationships with clients.
* Organize and plan (including time utilization) effectively and efficiently for self (e.g. daily tasks, assigned areas and special projects).
* Challenge test steps to ensure they are appropriate and effective.
* Deliver quality audit work, identify improvements to the audit processes, and meets the completion timeframes of each audit.
* Commitment to professional development through continuing education.
* Basic knowledge of banking, business units, CIT and applicable industries.
* Applies audit and industry knowledge gained to applicable assignments.
* Demonstrates reliability and dependability.
* Demonstrates appropriate and effective business writing, e.g. e-mail.
* Good interpersonal skills - includes ability to interact with peers and clients with ease and to participate as part of the team.
* Good communication skills and interpersonal skills. Effective in a variety of presentation settings such as face-to-face and in small groups with peers and In-charge. Effective communication (verbal and written) with the Supervisor, In-charge, and the client regarding audit requests, status, and potential issues identified.
Education & Experience
* Undergraduate Degree Accounting, Finance or MIS preferred.
* 2 - 4 Years' experience, preferably in Banking.
* Certification of CIA, CISA, or CPA is a plus.
* Ability to travel periodically locally and out of state as needed; approximately 20% travel required.
* Strong PC skills (Excel and Word).