This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
About the Team:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
About the Job:
The Senior Auditor position is part of our Global Internal Audit Team. The Senior Auditor will report to the Internal Audit Senior Manager and will perform internal audits of the financial and operational processes at the Company s global businesses/sites. The purpose of these audits is to review and evaluate the design, effectiveness, and efficiency of the company s operations, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with company s policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and the safeguarding of assets.
Stanley Black & Decker has a global footprint, and as a result, audits take place all over the world and cover the Company s Global Tools & Storage (GTS), Security, and Industrial segments. A strong knowledge of accounting, finance or economics is required. Excellent organization, willingness to learn, a love of travel, and strong communication skills are also required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform financial, operational and compliance audits
* Assess financial, accounting, and operational controllership for both risks and opportunities
* Review and improve worldwide compliance with Company policies
* Support critical strategic and operational processes
* Identify and research potential accounting issues
* Make recommendations to improve processes, policies, procedures
* Work with external outside auditors on annual Stanley audit
* Provide support for investigations relating to financial fraud and policy non-compliance issues
Education & Experience:
* BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required
* CPA or CMA preferred
* 3-5 years public accounting ( Big 4 preferred) experience
* ACL experience a plus
* Fluency in Spanish required; Fluency in Portuguese a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent critical thinking, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills
* High level of enthusiasm
* Passion for excellence and continuous improvement
* ~ 50%
Why Stanley Black & Decker*
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
* Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.