Automation Developer III (AIR) 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160107-6684-ALG
Company Name: AIR Worldwide
Are you excited by the opportunity to constantly innovate and implement tools that support delivery of cutting edge products* Can you work collaboratively with a risk modeling team considered to be the scientific leaders in our industry* Your success at AIR is measured by your consistent track record of ensuring the fidelity of numbers and the exacting quality that our business partners expect. Do you enjoy stretching the limits of technology and software engineering in delivering robust solutions to the Insurance and Financial sector* There is never a dull moment or dearth of multiple of priorities chugging at you. Your success is gauged not by how well you do one thing at a time, but how adept you are at managing your time and many projects concurrently. Can you demonstrate your ability to harness modern database & automation technologies* Have you mastered the myriad Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes*
If you are willing to make that leap, come explore this challenging opportunity as a Senior Automation & Tools Developer in the Quality Assurance Team at AIR Worldwide.
The bottom line is that if you are an individual who cares passionately about quality and knows how to consistently beat customer quality expectations, this position offers you an excellent opportunity for professional and technical growth with a unique synergy of science, finance and cutting edge software and hardware technologies. The pathways to growth within and outside the organization are outstanding and expansive.
* Review requirements, evaluate and recommend state of the art automation tools and/or enhance current toolset
* Support automated testing process by scoping and independently implementing or leading framework extension projects
* Implement and maintain production grade automated performance and scalability tools
* Lead development of test harnesses to drastically improve productivity and reduce repetitive manual procedure by functional testers
* Design and implement validation scripts and tools using modern scripting languages and complex SQL queries
* Support automation framework for corporate website quality assurance and maintenance
* Maintain knowledge and use of AIR family of products to become effective developer of testing tools
* Mentor and develop junior automation engineers
* We have a heavy concentration of highly educated and motivated professionals, so we require a BS or MS degree, with a strong academic record, in Computer Science or a related engineering field, from reputable institution
* We are a fast paced analytical software services company, so the position calls for an individual with 5-7 years of intensive automation framework development experience
* We need versatile object oriented programing skills in C++, C#, Java or other modern languages.
* Our complex analytical products involve large amount of database manipulations and the selected individual should have a minimum of 2-3 years of solid SQL scripting experience
* We are migrating to an object oriented automation framework from the ground up, so you must have past experience of designing and implementing such frameworks to be successful in this position
* This job offers an excellent opportunity for you to unleash your superior scripting skills with tools like Python, Perl or VB (Experience with Windows PowerShell will be even more useful)
* Your past experience using commercial grade automation tools is a necessary pre-requisite for success in this job (Working knowledge of Silk Test, Silk4Net is an added plus)
* We are a Microsoft .NET/C# shop that values your past excellence with .NET framework, ASP.NET, IIS and WCF
* With so many simultaneous responsibilities, you should thrive in a collaborative multitasking environment
* Your knowledge and experience developing tools in an agile environment is an added plus
* Your experience writing or testing API code is a valuable asset in meeting our diverse customer demands
* Given our extreme data crunching needs, performance and scalability of products is a critical requirement, so your expertize with commercial grade tools like LoadRunner and IBM RPT will impact your success in this position
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides catastrophe risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987, and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, and pandemics globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
AIR Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.