Sr. Automation Engineer 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMCORE Corporation designs and manufactures Indium Phosphide (InP) optical chips, components, subsystems and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. EMCORE was the pioneer in linear fiber optic transmission technology, and today is a leader in optical components, as well as a provider of complete end-to-end solutions for high-speed communications networkinfrastructures, enabling systems and service providers to meet growing demand for bandwidth and connectivity. EMCORE's advanced optical technologies are designed for cable television (CATV) and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks, telecommunications and data centers, satellite communications, aerospace and defense, wireless networks, and broadcast and professional audio/video systems. With its world-class InP semiconductor wafer fabrication facility, EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability and also provides contract design, foundry and component packaging services. EMCORE is headquartered in Alhambra, California, USA with InP wafer fabrication operations in Alhambra, and ISO9001 certified manufacturing in Alhambra and Langfang, China.
EMCORE Corporation has an immediate need for an Automation Engineer to assist on a full time basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide programming and technical support for all automated assembly and test systems
* Provide input on custom machine design and layout
* Supervise the assembly and installation process
* Adjust existing equipment when needed
* Perform Root Cause analysis
* Perform machine vision, robotic, electrical system and pneumatic troubleshooting
* Be able to work with minimal supervision and train others when needed
* Be able to work with vendors/suppliers/OEM's
* BS/MS (or equivalent) in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering with at least 5years' work experience in motion control
* 2 years SolidWorks or equivalent
* Some Motion Control experience or robotics
* PC based programing of robotic systems
* Machine vision experience
* GPIB, RS232 and USB machine interfacing
* VB, C##, or .NET programing experience.