Sr. Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc
San Diego, CA
The purpose of this position is to plan and execute automation/controls projects from concept to final closeout in support of site objectives. This position assumes responsibility as the technical owner of various automation and manufacturing systems and applies available resources to manage them.
* Engineer and manage medium to large process control system/equipment improvement, optimization, and expansion and upgrade projects to meet site objectives.
* Engineer and manage new process control/automation projects from the concept to commissioning and validation
* Provide moderate to advance technical assistance to site operating groups through investigations, control system assessments, and design support.
* Assist in preparation and execution of the Validation Qualification protocols related to automated and control systems.
* Provides technical and non-technical feedback to validation personnel for the successful qualification of systems.
* Help to troubleshoot and diagnose Control system complex problems, working closely with Control System/Instrumentation Technicians and maintenance personnel
* Update and develop User Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications, Design Specifications, Operation and Maintenance Manuals for the new and existing control systems
* Work closely with IT groups as a cross functional team member to meet automation project objectives.
* Apply GMP principles within the workplace. Incorporate cGMP and regulatory compliance into all assigned project scopes, design and construction activities.
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical/Controls or Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSEE or BSME) from an accredited college or university preferred.
* Minimum 10 years hands on experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, HMIs, SCADA systems, SQL relational database systems, and Networking including design and debugging skills.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical environment including regulatory requirements associated with 21 CFR Part 11 and supporting validation of control system equipment.
* Wonderware and Siemens Apogee BMS experience preferred. Hands on experience with Windows Servers hardware and Microsoft Windows - applications.
* Extensive cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
* Recognized as a technical expert by peers and other personnel within the business unit.
* Successful track record of managing wide-ranging activities within the business unit. Demonstrates independent project management skills to successfully deliver automation projects to completion
The position will require up to 15% travel for equipment FATs, system evaluations, and/or conferences or technical training. * Possesses a high level of technical expertise on a specific process control system and their connections to facility equipment, production equipment, instrumentation, and manufacturing systems, loop controllers, HVAC controls, and related electrical/electronic equipment and devices.
* This position requires a high degree of analytical skills to provide automated solutions to improve processes and integrate new equipment to meet company and project objectives
* Hands on experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming software, Wonderware software or various types of PLC and PC based software and servers.
* Ability to organize and present technical and project mgt. overviews without assistance
* Technically independent and maintains state-of-the-art technical abilities. Display initiative and commitment. Able to make independent contributions to the development of new methodologies or new technologies for process control systems. These activities are done under limited supervision.