This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A SR. BROKER
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Entertainment Industry business group within Aon Risk Solutions. This specific position is located in Atlanta, GA. As a Sr. Broker, you will report directly to the CEO of the Entertainment Practice.
Your Impact As A Sr. Broker
* Acts as the primary negotiator in obtaining the most appropriate carrier coverage from a variety of insurance carriers. As part of the client facing team, along with Producers and/or Account Executives, participates in client discussions to understand needs and develop strategies.
* Identifies and analyzes client exposures and determines which markets to utilize, ensuring thorough evaluation of qualified companies in the marketplace.
* Provides alternative options and/or design risk transfer/financing products for presentation to the client.
* Works with either the underwriter or underwriting management to obtain the most appropriate carrier coverage. May begin developing client specific wording for endorsements or forms to address client issues.
* Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
* Uses knowledge to provide consultative advice and recommendations within specific functional areas.
* Typically possess demonstrable business experience (or equivalent), as well as in-depth knowledge of a functional area.
* Retains and grows Aon s business by cultivating relationships with executive client decision-makers in client organizations. Facilitates critical relationships between clients, Aon s Entertainment Practice and insurers.
* Project manages all Aon and content wrap up resources to achieve client objectives.
* Sells value driven suite of services and solutions to targeted prospects. Must be able to interact with C-Suite level. Recognizes and promotes cross-sales opportunities.
* Educates clients in the Entertainment industry, risk transfer, market issues, and relevant trends including appropriate benchmarking. Serves as a trusted business advisor on all pertinent issues; monitors client satisfaction; reports and resolves client issues and concerns and reviews client expectations to ensure relationship is morally acceptable and beneficial. Engages appropriate Aon resources to support clients in unusual circumstances such as large claims, etc.
* Directly and by teaming with Producers, actively drives client penetration and new business with existing and potential new customers through the introduction of products, services, lines of business and industry expertise. Serves as a resource of wrap up risk expertise to internal and external clients.
* Ensures operational excellence, including adherence to service management requirements
* Leads client-facing teams to deliver brokerage results and concepts to clients and prospects
* in a sales setting.
* Working with local offices to identify and develop sales opportunities (including new & penetration) for the Entertainment sectors of business
* Managing the sales function of the Entertainment Industry practice. In conjunction with the CEO of the practice, this senior level position up to half of their time overseeing the new business goals of the practice and developing short and long term strategies to achieve these goals.
* Participate and assist in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and other sales opportunities involving the Entertainment Industry Practice.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* Experience with Content Wrap Up solution and corresponding market relationships
* 10 years in the corporate insurance industry or similar sales expertise, coupled with project and account team management experience
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Exceptional market relationships
* Well-honed leadership skills
* In-depth working knowledge of the corporate insurance business and an ability to analyze and meet clients needs
* Proficiency in PC office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
* Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent, with Risk and Insurance Management and Business related curriculum preferred
* Brokers License, or ability to quickly achieve
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420685
CATEGORY: Broker Group
LOCATION: United States, GA, Atlanta