Sr. Build Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Mustang Technical Consultants
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition: Sr. Build Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Rate: $180K + Full Benefits W-2, C2C-No, US Citizen only!
This is a hands-on lead software development and systems operations role supporting our Client's build and release automation services. In this position, you will be part of a team building, evaluating, and deploying our client's software stack. You will help choose and deploy commercial and open-source tools and technologies to build and support a professional softwareengineering environment, with an emphasis on operational self-service and continuous integration.
You will maintain and manage our client's source code repositories for internal projects, third party resources, and forks of various open-source and proprietary projects.
* Engineersystems and tools to support the build, integration and verification of complex softwaresystems spanning multiple hardware platforms, embedded devices, mobile platforms, and cloud-based services
* Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of multiple software components
* Work closely with other product and engineering teams to describe and validate expected software behavior and performance
* Develop tools and scripts to automate the testing of software and hardware systems
* Assist developers with build issues, including maintaining Makefiles and cmake lists, resolving compilation errors, unit test failures, and similar issues
* Encourage and enforce best practices to enable rapid new feature development while maintaining multiple functioning software products
* Work closely with Build, Integration, Test and Softwareengineers to develop tools for automation, and continuously improve the release process and automation environment
* Execute and create functional test plans that verify quality, correctness, and performance of software and hardware systems
* Install, configure, and extend a variety of softwaresystems, including software for version control, code peer review, compilation, continuous integration, performance data collection and analysis, systems monitoring, and more
* 5+ years experience in build engineering and release automation
* Experience managing and building Android/AOSP projects
* Experience managing and building Linux based distributions and packaging
* Experience with make and cmake
* Experience with Linux, shell-scripting, Git and Gerrit, Jenkins
* Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python
* Experience with software development and testing, and familiarity with TestDriven and BehaviorDriven Development (TDD/BDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
* Familiar with virtual machines such as VMWare and VirtualBox, and containers such as Docker and LXC
* Familiar with performing and automating systems administration tasks using tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Fabric
* Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
* Strong communication skills and the desire to teach and mentor other engineers with varying domains of expertise
BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or related field is preferred, but considerable weight will be given to experience and prior accomplishments