Sr. Building Maintenance Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Fort Collins, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Sr. Building Maintenance Mechanic
Auto Req ID
To effectively and efficiently operate and maintain all building mechanical systems, including motors, pumps, HVAC and related equipment, boilers, compressors, etc., following safety and environmental controls, and responding to tenant requests for building maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains good tenant relations through prompt and courteous response to tenant requests within the guidelines set forth by JLL.
* At the direction of supervisor, assists with monitoring and performance of preventive maintenance on all equipment including but not limited to refrigeration, HVAC, heat exchanger, HVAC, boilers and hot water systems, pumps and motors, and assist in electrical, emergency backup systems, generators, UPS systems, etc.
* Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
* Assist with the maintenance, installation and repair of plumbing/piping/tubing; single and three phase motors and pumps, motors, and other related equipment.
* Replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major maintenance and repairs of building equipment.
* Perform building plumbing and drain maintenance.
* Respond to customer/management requests for maintenance on lighting, ceiling tiles, and plumbing, roofing, etc. and small projects.
* Makes adjustments and changes to HVAC and related equipment to maintain established comfort zones within the building maintenance guidelines.
* Performs all maintenance in a safe manner, following prescribed procedures.
* Reviews on a regular basis and is prepared to follow all current emergency procedures set forth by JLL and the assigned property.
* Maintains ethical, professional, courteous relations with customers and contractors.
* Acts as a team member with all employees of the management staff.
* Complies with all written JLL and regional company policies.
* Self-starter, ability and motivation to work independently with minimal direction.
* Maintains the integrity and cleanliness of all mechanical spaces.
* Performs preventative maintenance program duties including rounds and readings, record keeping, etc.
* Assumes additional responsibilities and authority as delegated by the Facility Manager or Lead Engineer.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
* Reads and understands equipment instruction manuals.
* Ability to communicate effectively with building customers.
* Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
* Identifies and resolves mechanical problems.
* Understands basic building system design and operation, i.e., fire system, domestic water system, HVAC system and electrical distribution system.
* Uses proper organizational skills and compiles appropriate information to plan and complete assigned tasks.
* Able to read and interpret blue prints and schematics.
* Knowledge of building automation systems and programming capabilities a plus.
* Good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
* Minimum of four years of industrial building operations and maintenance.
* High School Diploma or GED; Universal Certification
Essential Physical Abilities:
* Visually inspect machinery and building.
* Walks up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
* Detects emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual.
* Cleaning inspections require getting on hands and knees to inspect inaccessible areas.
* Ability to work weekends and extended hours when on call.
* Climb ladders to adjust air flow and make inspections above ceiling.
* Able to climb ladders and perform maintenance activities on building roofs.
* Employee will be on call 24/7 in rotation with other team members after adequate training.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43763BR.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $58.3 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years.
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine.
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years.
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.