Sr. Business Development Manager, Cloud
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr. Business Development Manager, Cloud
As a Business Development Manager, you are responsible for providing business solutions, managing relationships and executing key initiatives with Equinix s strategic Cloud Providers.
Reporting to the Director of Global Cloud Services, this role requires a strong balance of technical aptitude, marketing experience, account management and project management skills that deliver proven results. Leverage analytics to determine, measure and communicate program effectiveness and adapt when needed for successful results. The person in this role must be able to work independently to reach their established goals as well as work effectively with the overall Sales & Marketing teams for collective goals.
The right candidate will possess a combination of strong organizational planning skills with excellent verbal/written communication skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel. This position requires excellent cross-group collaboration and interpersonal skills are a must and the right candidate will work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Develop, maintain, and strengthen business relationships with key existing customers.
* Responsible for developing and executing specific key strategic initiatives with defined set of strategic cloud providers.
* Translate Platform Equinix capabilities into high value solution sets for target customers. Must be able to clearly articulate the key drivers, various considerations, and value points to decision makers spanning business, technology, and operations.
* Interface with the product development team to define solution requirements and implement go-to-market plans for platform solutions that enable Cloud service providers.
* Sales enablement - Develop content and collateral: whitepapers, sales presentations, competitive positioning and beat sheets, sales tools, master messaging docs and FAQs, blogs, etc in support of program initiatives.
* Identifying and negotiating schedules, project dependencies, milestones and obtaining the resources (internal and external) required to meet project objectives.
* Maintaining the project plan and drive alignment of scope, timeline and resource ownership.
* Effectively communicate to ensure an appropriate level of awareness across the organization
* Identify and resolve resource bottlenecks across engineering and operations as needed to maintain velocity and delivery commitments.
* Bachelors degree
* Requires a minimum of 3 years of marketing, business strategy, and technology experience.
* Working knowledge of Networking technologies and Cloud environments is preferred.
* Solid understanding of IT infrastructure from the physical layer to the middleware layer.
* Ability to present projects and programs throughout the organization in an effective manner.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
* Organization and priority setting skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
* Skilled in MS Office products and MS Project software
* PMP Certification or equivalent is a plus.