This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMajor established company that is expanding globally has an opportunity for a SR. BUYER at their facility in a beautiful upstate location. In this role will select and assemble information that is accurate using existing vendor research, databases and other sources in order to make sound procurement decisions. Will perform activities independently that are relevant to the procurement of raw materials, tooling, capital equipment and other items. Will participate in the development and analysis of purchasing information systems. Optimum supplier sourcing arrangements will be established for those items which procurement responsibility is assigned using such methods as vendor facilities analysis, negotiations, value analysis, performance evaluation, quality improvement, supply chain risk assessments and other techniques. Will also participate in cost reduction projects/activities to achieve established savings goals. Comprehensive benefits are provided. Relocation assistance is also offered.
* At least 5 years of purchasing experience needed
* Bachelor degree preferred with a preference for it being in Supply Chain Management or Logistics
* Communication skills that are excellent
* Experience with material / inventory control methods
* Price negotiation techniques knowledge
* Finishing methods experience
* Ability to interpret and read engineering drawings and design specifications
* Need also knowledge of multiple manufacturing technologies
* CSM, Certified Buyer, CPSM are preferred and if not, must have interest in obtaining such