Sr. Buyer - DeKalb
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
CST Industries Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
We are looking for Sr. Buyer in our DeKalb, IL location.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for the management of activities associated with assigned suppliers, commodities, parts and/or services. This position will provide full responsibility and leadership for assigned spend categories, working closely with other CST divisions and internal departments, developing strategies, and coordinating all related supply chain activities to ensure that all Quality, Delivery, and Cost requirements are met. Position is expected to be 50% strategic and 50% tactical buying.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Promote a safe and accident free work place for self, other employees, and suppliers
* Verify and manage supplier capability to meet all performance requirements, including but not limited to Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory, Lead-Time and Innovation/New Product Development
* Lead supplier quality improvement efforts using root cause, auditing, and statistical analysis
* Monitor and manage supplier performance
* less than Deploy inventory replenishment systems (e.g. kanban) to lower inventory and reduce ordering costs
* Identify and implement aggressive cost reduction projects, based on value stream mapping and analysis
* Identify and capitalize on multi-plant opportunities to reduce the company s total cost of ownership
* Develop industry, product, and supply base knowledge, including key cost drivers
* Issue purchase orders, ensure continuity of supply for assigned parts
* Provide backup purchasing assistance in the department as necessary
* Audit supplier invoices and resolve price discrepancies
* Coordinate supplier performance reviews and manage relationships to maximize supplier value
* Assist in the identification and removal of waste from supply chain processes
* Manage the flow of material by providing the necessary assistance Planners
* Participate in company Lean initiatives and events
* Lead supply base rationalization efforts
* Manage special projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree in supply chain, business, or a related field
* 2+ years experience in purchasing or supply chain management
* Previous experience in a high paced manufacturing environment
* Willing to travel up to 25% of time
* Work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with the ability to communicate at all levels
* Strong ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with a strong drive for action and results
About CST Industries
CST Industries, Inc., headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, is the global leader in the manufacture and construction of factory coated storage tanks, silos, aluminum domes, specialty covers and reclaimer systems. With over 100 years of heritage and 275,000 installations in more 125 countries, CST Industries is focused on providing our customers the highest level of quality and customer service. CST's existing company portfolio consists of CST Storage Products, CST Covers, and Vulcan Tanks. Manufacturing facilities and technical design centers are located in Parsons, Kansas; Winchester, Tennessee; DeKalb, Illinois; Conroe, Texas; Gardena, California; Rincon, Georgia and the United Kingdom. Regional sales offices are located throughout North America and in Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom, India, Dubai, Singapore and Vietnam. CST offers attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, STD, paid vacation, 401k and an EAP program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing and background verification checks as permitted by state law.
***CST Industries, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails regarding this posting.***
CST Industries offers competitive salaries, great benefits, including 401k, health, vision and dental insurance.
CST is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apply Now