Sr. Buyer - Indirect Purchasing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Indirect Material Buyer will define and lead the strategies for; sourcing, negotiation, administration and implementation of various commodity agreements for facilities throughout North America. Diverse commodity assignments may include plant and corporate services, capital equipment, MRO supplies, packaging, and/or other commodities related to the automotive manufacturing environment.
* Lead cross functional sourcing teams and develop strategies to exceed operational requirements.
* Negotiate long term agreements and actively participate in global negotiations where applicable.
* Support the development and align respective suppliers with published commodity strategies.
* Assist sites in successful implementation of LTA's and insure resolution of open issues. Develop and monitor supplier performance to metrics established.
* Manage supplier productivity programs for assigned commodities and work with the manufacturing plants to reduce overall cost of doing business.
* Maintain compliance to purchasing policies and procedures
experience in purchasing utilities and negotiating best prices