Sr. Buyer, Packaging - Blow Molding 9/7/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID
Sr. Buyer, Packaging - Blow Molding
* The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
* This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
This role is responsible for purchasing and managing specific mid to large-sized categories of spend within the Kraft Heinz Procurement organization or Business Units. Specifically, this role will focus on our providing support for our $250MM Blow Mold Portfolio This position supports and facilitates the strategic sourcing process for the spend categories to include market and industry analysis, supplier research and review, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing events, analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementation. These activities will also ensure the most optimal terms and conditions for Kraft Heinz, while not negatively impacting service or quality.
The scope of this position also includes ongoing category management as a result of sourcing activities to ensure the most effective supply base design and capabilities for Kraft Heinz, and targeted supplier integration and supplier relationship management (SRM) activities as part of supply base design. This position is linked closely with a number of functional areas from an overall project management perspective, and is responsible for the delivery of specific productivity and cash flow targets in alignment with overarching goals and objectives, with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). The scope of this position will also include risk management and contingency planning activities, with some use of market driven financial tools where appropriate, and is actively involved in ongoing market forecasting, financial planning and budget setting as related to respective spend areas. This position may also interact with Materials Management at the plant level to coordinate and communicate timing and availability for key raw materials and packaging components. This role may manage various transactional activities as related to systems and process, and is responsible for learning, understanding and following all Kraft Heinz and Business Unit policies, in addition to all Procurement policies and procedures as part of the overarching Procurement governance model.
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum 3 years Procurement / Supply Management / Supply Chain Experience required
* Minimum 3 years Strategic Sourcing, Negotiating and Contracting Expertise
* Minimum 3 years Category Specific Experience (Logistics, Ingredients, Packaging, etc.)
* Analytical Skills
* Problem Solving
* Strategic Thinking
* Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
* Presentation Skills
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a dive