This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR BUYER/PLANNER LONGMONT, COLORADO
Under the general supervision of the Materials Manager, purchase, plan and schedule complex, technical or specialized product lines and materials. Solicits bid, analyze quotations received, and select or recommends suppliers.
* Forecast, plan and purchase materials for specific product lines as assigned
* Transact daily activities to support MRP delivery requirements while managing assigned commodities for lowest total cost purchasing, regulating inventory levels, and achieving targeted turns ratios
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Partner with suppliers in quality material procurement and problem solving
* Able to negotiate pricing with supplier/s in order to meet current cost saving goals
* Establish, evaluate and maintain supplier partnerships and programs, i.e., consignment, stocking and kanban programs
* Effective supplier/customer communications to ensure proper inventory levels, on time shipments and deliveries of products
* MRP knowledge as it relates to complex product scheduling and planning terminology
* Demonstrate leadership in participation in cross-functional teams
* B.S. in Business or equivalent in education and experience
* Minimum 5 years of purchasing/planning experience
* This position is for electronics buyer. Experience with PCBA purchasing and scheduling, based on ERP demand is required. Must have experience working with EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) suppliers, both domestic and international
* Requires technical understanding of components purchased to support existing products and new product development
* Manage PPV (purchase price variance) with suppliers and maintain monthly reports
* Ability to manage / coordinate full product life cycle; NPI, production, and EOL
* Able to negotiate fairly and effectively for delivery, cost containment and quality
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all departments.
* Prior experience with Oracle ERP system
* Decision maker with the ability to analyze needs and risks, while handling multiple priorities
* APICS Certification
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.