Sr. Buyer/Planner 8/14/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ZOLL San Jose is a division of ZOLL Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group company. ZOLL Medical develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care. The San Jose Division includes products for therapeutic temperature management, circulation, and CPR feedback.
ZOLL has an open position for a Sr. Buyer/Planner position in its San Jose Division. The position
directs and coordinates activities to plan and purchase materials and supplies in support of the build plan. Proactively manages the supply chain to ensure no disruptions to production with continues focus on cost and inventory reduction. Also is responsible for procuring non-production materials and support of NPI.
* Plans, organizes and executes activities related to purchasing.
* Coordinates receiving and inspection of parts, and returns defective parts to suppliers.
* Tracks inventory of materials consigned to suppliers.
* Aggressively reduces the cost of materials, components and subsystems to achieve QoQ targeted cost reduction.
* Negotiates supply agreements with key suppliers.
* Makes recommendations for excess and obsolete materials.
* Works with suppliers to establish pull system (bring in materials as consumed rather than as forecasted)
* Troubleshoot parts issues with Supplier, expedite when necessary
* Reviews and takes appropriate action on ECOs to minimize the impact on inventory without interruptions to production plan.
* Operates in compliance with FDA and ISO requirements and guidelines
Skills Requirements: Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
* Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
* Continuous Improvement - Ability to map value streams, standardize processes, monitor metrics, and prioritize activity to improve quality and reduce cost.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
* Bachelor's degree plus at least two years related experience.
* APICS or other professional certifications preferred.
* German Language Proficiency
* Medical device manufacturing in a GMP environment.
* Experience with electro-mechanical components.
* Previous experience with developing and growing the purchasing / planning departments.
* Experience sourcing and purchasing from domestic and international suppliers.
* Experience with ERP Systems.
* Must have strong sense of ownership and drive issues to closure.
* Must be comfortable working with cross-functional teams to achieve a common goal.
* Ability to maintain highest ethical and professional business conduct
San Jose, California, United States