Sr C# / C++ Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCedent is looking for a Developer / Team Leader for major grocery retailers in North America. This position is in the Retail Professional Services organization and involves adding new functionality or extending existing functionality in the ACS product for NCR's various customers. The Retail PS team works through the full software development life cycle including Requirements Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Support.
This position is primarily a programming position with related responsibilities corresponding to these various software life cycle phases.
* Will discuss and analyze customer requirements and to design a solution that may be implemented by other programmers. Verbal and written communication with NCR customers to understand requirements. Analysis of requirements resulting in a proposed solution. Review with the customer of the requirements and proposed solution.
* Creation of a detailed design that accomplishes the proposed solution in an efficient and effective way.
* Accurate estimation of projected effort to ensure a profitable project.
* Documentation of test cases (unit level and integration level). Testing and/or oversight of offshore testing when applicable to ensure that the code functions as intended and as documented
* Code development and/or leading the project as it is programmed in part or in whole offshore. Leading projects with multiple developers assigned while completing coding assignments. Support of the code should there be any problems reported.
* Adhering to the estimated effort while delivering high quality software on schedule
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
5+ years of work experience developing / programming in C or C++
5+ years of work experience developing / programming in MS Windows environments
Project or Team Leader experience on software development projects
Retail POS software development experience
Overall 7+ years of experience in the software development
Strong analysis and design skills
Strong communication skills for conversing directly with NCR customers