Sr C / Shell Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
The SR C/SHELL DEVELOPER position is responsible to perform a variety of critical programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements, also maintaining and modifying programs.
* Design and develop systems utilizing C technologies
* Provide system support on legacy UNIX shell scripts
* Perform DB analysis/design on MySQL, including writing complex SQL queries, views, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
* Participate in multi-resource projects in an agile, team-driven environment
* Evaluate/suggest industry standard tools and methods
* Provide software installation/updates for various environments
* Analyze requirements and provide design/development/test effort estimates as needed
* Document software design and contribute to design reviews
* Provide analysis of available data and work closely with technical and sales teams to guide future projects
* Other duties as assigned
* 5 years of Experience welcome in C/C++ programming
* 5 years of Experience welcome in SQL/Database experience
* Unix Shell experience, experience with scripting tools such as sed, awk, etc. preferred
* Experience using source control systems, subversion (SVN) preferred
* College degree (computer science or business strongly preferred) or equivalent experience
* Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills (including technical writing)
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
* Ability to consistently set and meet timelines for programming assignments
* Ability to eagerly take on the most challenging projects as well as help resolve problems reported while working in a fast pace dynamic environment
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Knowledge of BIRT reports and Cognos Cube is a plus
* Experience with Java is a plus
* Experience with retail systems, either point-of-sale or back-office/warehouse management technologies is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,.00 /year
* Roslyn, NY 11576 Local candidate within hour's drive.
* C/C++ programming: 5 years
* SQL/Database: 5 years