Sr. CAD Engineer 8/16/2016
TotalTalent Search Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Provide EDA tool support and develop automation for our Wireless Semiconductor Division design teams. Provide day-to-day tool support to the design, technology, and modeling teams. Evaluate and deploy new EDA tools and design flows as required to improve efficiency and support the growing demands and challenges associated with RF/Analog design. Support, enhance and maintain process design kits for FBAR, GaAs, SOI and standard CMOS technologies. Work directly with CAD tool vendors and foundries to improve simulation and modeling performance and quality.
* Provide day-to-day support of the design team including improving simulation methodology and enhancing design flows to reduce time to market.
* Support, enhance and maintain PDKs for Cadence, Ansys/HFSS, Keysight/ADS and otherAnalog/RF design tools.
* Develop software for automation in a variety of languages and API's (SKILL, AEL, Python, etc.).
* Create documentation and provide hands-on training for design engineers.
* Work with vendor partners to track and resolve issues.
* Assist with setup and routine maintenance of network equipment used for design.
* BS, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in an EDA support role.
* Proficiency with automation of EDA tools and design flows;
* Ability to write scripts automating standard tasks.
* Ability to write scripts automating the transfer of information between tools.
* Solid software engineering fundamentals.
* Basic understanding of bash/csh scripting, Java, Perl, web development.
* Basic understanding of IC and PCB design flow.
* SKILL & AEL programming proficiency. (C language based cording skill).
KEYWORDS: CAD, EDA, PDK, scripting, automation