Sr. COBOL Developer 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for SR. COBOL DEVELOPER for our client in CHANTILLY, VA
JOB TITLE: SR. COBOL DEVELOPER
JOB LOCATION: CHANTILLY, VA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 6+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
SKILL SET REQUIRED:
* Must have 10-15 years development experience with service-orientated applications in mind.
* Must have experience with OLTP (Pathway and MQ Series)
* Experience using enscribe files and using dbAccess to database.
* Programming in TAL, PTAL , C , COBOL , and SCOBOL.
* Must have experience with Guardian system calls and the OSS environment.
* Ability to manage multiple task at one time and not be sequential.
* Must work in a team environment.
* Expert knowledge for waterfall and agile development mythologies.
* Must understand TCP/IP to serial conversion using term server.