Sr Cardiovascular Perfusionist-Cardiac Perfusion 8/17/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details:
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
* Summary of Position Description
Assists the Chief Cardiovascular Perfusionist with scheduling, training, and supervision of the staff cardiovascular perfusionists and cardiovascular anesthesia technicians. Assumes responsibility for managing the department in the Chief s absence. Work includes the performance of perfusionist s duties on a daily basis.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Knowledge of biology, anatomy, physiology, chemistry and pharmacology acquired in college levelscience course and/or in an accredited training program.
* Clinical experience as specified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion Technology and Board certification.
* Approximately three years of experience as a perfusionist to thoroughly understand the complexities of the job and be able to develop effective training programs.
* Ability to concentrate for long periods of time; to think and react quickly in emergency situations. Must have more than the average degree of manual dexterity.
* Ability to make independent judgements to resolve complex problems consistent with accepted policies in cardiovascular perfusion.
* High level of analytical ability in order to anticipate, identify and solve life threatening perfusion problems.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, physicians, supervisor andoperating room personnel.
* Leadership and organizational skills sufficient to develop educational and preventive maintenance programs.
* Must maintain certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
Sr Cardiovascular Perfusionist-Cardiac Perfusion