This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 7/8/2017
We are looking for a self-driven, energetic and highly motivated senior R&D Chemist for our Roofing and Building Maintenance division with strong polymer background to tackle a multitude of technical challenges in roof coating, adhesive and waterproofing membrane research and product development. The candidate must have solid understanding of polymer structure-property relationship and highly skilled with a variety of polymer characterization techniques. A plus if having experience in Hybrid Technology. Water based acrylic background preferred.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core Knowledge:
* Work closely with product managers, sales, manufacturing and technical service to support the existing business.
* Investigate a wide range of roofing field issues and recommend the remedial and preventative measurements.
* Conduct extensive theoretical research and lab testing to fully evaluate the long term performance for various roofing products and systems.
* Develop novel products and improve existing products and assist manufacturing with scale up production.
* Complete assigned projects according to desired specifications and timelines.
* Identify equipment needs for effective research and product development purpose.
* Interact with external organizations (suppliers etc.) to explore new technologies for roofing applications.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
* MS or Ph.D. in Material Science, Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or related field.
* Laboratory research experience with FTIR, GPC, DSC, DTA, DMA and DSR and Instron etc. is essential.
* A strong team player with positive and professional attitude and a strong bias for action to solve challenges.
* In-depth knowledge of the latest technologies on composites and polymer materials.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
* Demonstrated work experience, publications, or filed IP in areas of materials design, property-structure relationships, characterization, or composite deformation and rheology.
* Early career candidates will be considered; however more than 5 years post graduate work experience is preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.