Sr. Cisco Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONA reputable and stable IBM Partner is looking for a Cisco NetworkEngineer to add to their growing team. The NetworkEngineer will provide high-quality technical consulting services and support to customers and internal sales team.
Working from a home-based office you will travel up to 50% throughout the Southeast; mostly by car. All expenses reimbursed! This is a consultative position and a lucrative compensation package including benefits awaits. Salary + Commission + Bonus!
This mission is primarily a post-sales, but also includes pre-sales activities, as follows:
PRE-SALES ACTIVITIES PERFORMED INCLUDE:
* Working with sales reps and customers to determine technical requirements for proposed hardware and software, including architecture, sizing, configuration, physical planning, implementation, migration, etc
* Participating / assisting in sales activities, including sales calls, technical presentations, etc
* Validating the technical accuracy of configurations and proposals, including performing Systems Assurance Reviews, conducting pre-installation planning sessions, etc
POST-SALES ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
* Providing billable implementation services, including planning, project management, installation, configuration, migration, testing, skills transfer, documentation, etc.
* Providing billable consulting and support services, including performance analysis and tuning, capacity planning, security consulting, disaster recovery and availability planning and consulting, operational assistance, etc
* Providing post-installation technical support (typically remote support) Q & A's, etc
Develop an education/skills plan to ensure technical skills are current and applicable in the marketplace. In addition, all NetworkEngineers are required to pass applicable certification tests in the key product areas they support.
The NetworkEngineer travels to customer locations, primarily in North Carolina. Travel should be no more than 40% of their time.
* Bachelors Degree
* 5+ Years of Cisco NetworkEngineer experience
* Cisco Certifications - CCIE (written) preferred; CCNP considered
* Some Previous IBM experience preferred
* Ability to travel up to 40%; work from home (office expenses reimbursed) the remainder
TO EXPEDITE REVIEW OF YOUR RESUME, WHEN SUBMITTING FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE ENSURE YOUR RESUME HIGHLIGHTS THE ABOVE DUTIES/QUALIFICATIONS THAT YOU LEGITIMATELY HAVE EXPERIENCE IN/POSSESS AND EMAIL DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIS JOB BOARD. FOR FASTEST CONSIDERATION, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE ISTAFF WEBSITE.
Founded in 1995, iStaff offers combined experience of over 30 years of industry experience and demonstrated success in our IT recruiting and sales staff that has the expertise to source candidates with unique and hard to fill skill sets. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, our IT recruiting division focuses on contract, contract to permanent and permanent placement opportunities on a national basis.