Sr. Claims Specialist - General Liability
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Willis North America Inc.
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: Sr. Claims Specialist - General Liability
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
CORPORATE RISK AND BROKING
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The SR. GENERAL LIABILITY CLAIMS SPECIALIST provides service strategy and integrated service management, claim consulting and advocacy services to clients. Claims Consultants will be responsible for the quality and consistency of products and services for a book of clients.
* Extensive experience of handling general liability and construction claims of a complex nature
* Helps develop and execute the strategies for large accounts to help manage claims and overall programs in conjunction with WTW safety and service teams
* Handles complaints, arbitrates disputes and negotiates alternative solutions
* Consults with clients to help mitigate their risk
* Support new business with sales presentations and RFP
* Monitor the performance of trading partner s services for your clients
* Ensure appropriate program design and documentation - service scope aligns
* 10+ years claims experience in general liability and construction claims
* College degree required, law degree a plus
Construction industry client experience
* Ability to create the most complex and successful strategies for risk mitigation
* Knowledge of claim handling & claim adjudication processes and procedures
* Understand medical case management and cost containment programs
* Knowledge of laws, legal codes, procedures and processes involving insurance
* Understand company products, services, global network, and industry practices
* Understand the basic process and value of basic data analytics and benchmarking
* Ability to communicate technical information orally and in writing
* Ability to analyze and provide concise conclusions
* Project management skills
* Time management skills
* Travel required, primarily within California
CLIENT/MARKET RELATIONSHIP INFORMATION
* Directly handles clients as primary consultant including complex consulting and strategy
* Maintain direct relationships with key clients
* Manage the appropriate level of resources for your clients
* Participate in strategic large client meetings as required
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. Our continued success depends greatly on our ability to fully and effectively employ qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, military status, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights or equal opportunity legislation.
We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.