Sr. Claims Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Willis North America Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Sr. Claims Specialist - RCCA
Location: New York, NY
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The SR. CLAIMS SPECIALIST will provide service strategy and integrated service management, claim consulting and advocacy services to clients. Claims consultants will be responsible for the quality and consistency of products and services for a book of clients.
* Extensive experience of handling claims of a complex nature
* Helps develop and execute the strategies of the practice on creating for larger accounts
* Handles complaints, arbitrates disputes and negotiates alternative solutions
* Consults with clients to help mitigate their risk
* Support s new business with sales presentations and RFP
* Monitor the performance of trading partner s services for your clients
* Ensures appropriate program design and documentation service scope aligns
* Regularly meets with office leadership and team leaders to ensure delivery alignment
* 5+ years claims experience
* High School diploma required; degree preferred
* Ability to create the most complex and successful strategies for risk mitigation
* Prior claims consulting experience with TPA, Carrier or Broker preferred
* Knowledge of claim handling & claim adjudication processes and procedures
* Understand medical case management and cost containment programs
* Knowledge of laws, legal codes procedures and processes involving insurance
* Understand company products, services, global network, and industry practices
* Understand the basic process and value basic data analytics and benchmarking
* Ability to communicate technical information orally and in writing
* Ability to analyze and provide concise conclusions
* Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize to meet deadlines
* Be self-motivated, able to work both independently and within a matrix team structure
* Project management skills
* Time management skills
* Travel required
* Directly handles clients as primary consultant including complex consulting and strategy
* Maintain direct relationships with key clients and local relationships with all major trading partners
* Manage the appropriate level of resources for your clients
* Participate in strategic large client meetings as required
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT WILLIS TOWERS WATSON.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.