Sr Color & Retouching Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONModifies and/or enhances images (e.g. digital and conventional) for basic to intermediate or complex Production assignments to incorporate in final layout for Assembly. With limited guidance from the client project team performs color manipulations, retouching, photo composition, and printer specific color corrections or modifications for packaging or digital (pre-media) layouts per client's technical specifications. May coordinate or prioritize the work of other employees performing similar duties.
* Attends any client meetings (e.g. pre-production) as necessary.
* Ensures high quality standards in all Production client deliverables.
* Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of high quality intermediate to advanced level Artwork, effectively using industry standard software, tools, and Photo and Color manipulation techniques.
* Photo composition
* Color manipulation (CMYK, RGB, Grayscale)
* Performs assigned tasks within the overall Production workflow and assigned budget, according to:
* Work order specifications,
* Industry and Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's),
* The Company's high quality standards, and
* The client's Brand guidelines and standards.
* Ensures client project team has most current information about the status of the assigned project(s) by logging and maintaining in project tracking system (e.g. ONE!) accurate records of:
* Project plan (sub-project or task) information
* Time dedicated to specific project(s)
* Quality issues
* Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to Management for improvements in reports, tools, processes and assigned tasks.
* Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
* Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
* Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same.
* Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change.
* Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the Company's Strategic Imperatives.
* Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
* Supports Company's profitability efforts by focusing on and encouraging others on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned Production activities.
* May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
Education & Certifications
* Secondary School (e.g. High School) Diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job.
* Computer Graphics Certification required.
* Associate Degree (e.g. 2-year vocational school) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as Photography, Design or other related fields preferred.
* College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) in appropriate discipline a plus.
* Proven experience in a Pre-Press, Graphic Arts, or related field in print manufacturing.
Skills & Abilities
* Good knowledge of the Company's products, solutions and services a plus.
* Good understanding of the market and business environment that affects the assigned clients.
* Good understanding of effective Print, Photo Studio, and/or Digital production, processes, roles, tools (digital and conventional) and workflow practices and trends.
* Proficient in photo and color manipulation techniques and processes such as:
* Color separations
* Color conversion (e.g RGB-CMYK ) and correction
* Profiling (e.g. Press)
* Trapping and bleeding of imagery
* Proficient in Pre-media and/or Creative Services and solutions.
* Good people, organizational, and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient Computer Software (SW) Skills:
* Apple Mac equipment and operating systems
* Overall Business SW (e.g. MS-Office Suite)
* Specific Functional SW (e.g. Abode Design Suite, Acrobat plus QuarkXpress; Project Management Software; Agile; or others; etc.)
* Proficient using colormetric/spectral data measuring devices.
* Ability to interpret concept and/or brand guidelines through to artwork execution (e.g. digital, photographic, etc.).
* Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues in one or more areas of the organization.
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and/or external clients (e.g. printers, product manufacturers, service providers, and/or clients).
* Ability to work well in a team environment, with a limited degree of supervision, to handle a heavy workload, to prioritize work, and to meet assigned deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled