Sr. Commercial Title Examiner- Open to Any Location in Florida
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 2/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Title Insurance Company's National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
Position can be located anywhere in the state of Florida.
The ideal candidate will search and examine Florida property land records, name indices, tract book plants and courthouse filings in accordance with local examining procedures and company established underwriting guidelines to determine the history and existing status of title. Fully examine searched data and generate final report referencing matters currently affecting title and where necessary set forth requirements to clear title as well as outlining the documentation required to insure the contemplated transaction. In addition to performing real estate title searches and examining title history - monitor and prioritize work tasks to ensure high individual productivity level.
* Ability to locate, accurately compile and interpret information affecting status of title to real property either thru the various electronic and/or paper title plants
* Ability to draw out legal descriptions (either manually or by computer program)
* Ability to read and interpret surveys, plats and maps of properties
* Highly proficient with Title Plant Database systems in particular but not limited to Datatrace
* Proficiency with and/or functional knowledge of DataTree, FAST, FASTOR, Microsoft Office, PACER, RedVision, TitlePoint, Title Resource Database (TRD)
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 7 years experience performing Florida commercial real estate title searches and examinations (including back-plant and MRTA searches)
* Ability to leverage modern title production procedures and technology
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work to successfully meet imposed deadlines
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently
* Flexible and open-minded
* Must possess detail orientation with proven ability to produce quality, error-free work
* Confidence and capability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Superior customer service skills required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
* Must be professional and a team player