This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
External Deadline to Apply
* Effective planning and project management to develop strategic commodity strategies that include: Domestic Sources and International Sources, identification of strategic partners and maintain and exit suppliers.
* Develop and execute long-term supplier strategy deployment, supplier cost modeling, supplier opportunity assessments, supplier financial analysis, negotiations, long-term contracts, continuous supplier performance improvement, and supplier relationship development.
* Negotiate LTA s with best in class price, payment terms, quality levels, and delivery terms for purchased products in compliance with corporate objectives and year over year quantified commitments to improve cost/quality
* Coordinate and support on-site supplier assessment / certification audits and continuous improvement activities that drive down total cost and increase total supplier quality.
* Manage relationship with upper management at key suppliers
* Root cause analysis on OTD issues and implement corrective actions
* Root cause analysis on Quality issues and implement corrective actions
* Manage supplier escalations and improvement plans
* Ensure accuracy of Lead-times in Vantage (conduct LT review annually)
* Assess supplier capacity and conduct risk analysis- capacity and financial
* Manage Supplier Scorecard monthly for key suppliers
* Achieve correct inventory level by running should be stock level models and developing solutions to reduce on hand inventory (JIT, Supplier Consignment, Near site ware housing, etc.)
* Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and/or supplier performance issues.
* Evaluate medium to long-term supplier capabilities in an effort to optimize the commodity supply base in support of supplier reduction goals and objectives.
* Perform all necessary duties to support corporate goals as it relates to established supplier quality, total landed cost, and inventory objectives.
* Maintain a solid working knowledge of essential commodity trends including: industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, material lead times, and technical/manufacturing processes.
* Develop complex make vs. buy analysis business cases
* Establish and Develop strong long-term relationships with our suppliers and provides demonstrated leadership throughout each relationship. An industry recognized leader in their commodity or area of expertise
* Develops and deploys effective commodity strategies based on long-term strategic business decisions with a solid understanding of the internal strategies of each value stream
* Devises risk analysis and risk mitigation tools to determine long term stability of key suppliers
* Ability to model industry capacity for a commodity as well as capacity at supplier partners to predict cost impacts and need to develop new sources
* Works with internal and external stakeholders to develop more effective Supply Chain Management processes that provide a competitive advantage
* Understands and utilizes new technologies in manufacturing and products and works closely with Engineering/Operations to integrate into value stream and commodity strategies
* Promotes supplier development actively and continuous improvement initiatives that supports ongoing supply chain performance improvement
* Performs onsite supplier reviews and assessments- with recommendations for capital improvements, new technology, dedicated cells, etc.
* Strong business acumen- solid understanding of the P & L and ability to develop and present complex business cases: insource, outsource, procure capital equipment, additional floor space, rate of return on an investment.
* Develop supplier integration strategies- mfg onsite and inventory on site- create the business case, implementation plan and legal agreements to execute these strategies
* Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
* Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
* Minimum BA/BS in business, technical or related field
* MBA, CPM , CPSM preferred
* Minimum of 5-7 years experience in mfg to include SCM, operations and/or engineering responsibility, aerospace, industrial or automotive products preferred
* Must be willing and able to travel domestically and globally 30%-50%
* Understanding of leading edge Supply Chain Management techniques.
* 2-3 years Global Business Experience managing a complex commodity in International Markets (Pacific Rim, Mexico, India, Etc)
* ERP Implementation and day to day experience
* Analytical Skills Cost Driver and Modeling, Data Analysis and Financial Analysis
* Advanced computer skills including MS Office - Word/Excel/Power Point
* Advanced negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
* Project Management Expertise, including complex product transitions
* Inventory Management experience
* Must be willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment with NMG Aerospace (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
Relocation Assistance Available
* Equal Employee Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/Disabled Veteran.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Equal Employee Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/Disabled Veteran.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm