Sr. Compensation Analyst 9/8/2016
Dave & Buster's INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Reports to: Director of Compensation
Department: Human Resources
The Senior Compensation Analyst plays a key role in shaping total compensation strategy, administering compensation programs, and providing guidance to leadership on compensation and compliance matters.
YOU WILL BE AN OUTSTANDING SENIOR COMPENSATION ANALYST IF:
* You are guest-focused and professional, constantly working to build relationships across the organization.
* You can do pivot tables in your sleep, and creating a complex nested formula fills your heart with joy.
* You are detail-oriented, work with a strong sense of urgency, and enjoy juggling priorities.
* You know the FLSA regs inside and out and understand the differences in wage & hour requirements in California, Florida, and everywhere in between.
* You are skilled at balancing the need for consistency with crafting creative solutions to
non-standard challenges.* You can "tell a story" with numbers, identifying how to analyze data, other angles you may need to consider, and the best way to tailor your findings to your audience.
* You love to work hard and know how to have fun in the process!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES _(other duties may be assigned):_
* Act as the in-house expert on total compensation plans for World Headquarters and Special Events Sales positions. Maintain strong working knowledge of store management and hourly compensation plans.
* Educate leaders at all levels of the organization on compensation philosophy, components of total compensation, and best practices in total compensation design and administration.
* Maintain strong understanding of goals and priorities of the organization and craft competitive individualized compensation packages that align with those goals.
* Identify, participate in, and interpret compensation surveys.
* Perform annual and ad hoc range analysis for WHQ and Special Events. Identify areas of opportunity in base range structures and recommend adjustments to salary ranges and/or individual base salaries as needed
* Monitor industry compensation trends and recommend adjustments to compensation structures as needed.
* Consult with Executives, Regional Operations Directors, and Recruiters to make salary recommendations for hires, transfers, and promotions within the World Headquarters and Special Events Sales. Provide guidance to Compensation Analyst and Compensation Administrator on store management and hourly programs and address escalated compensation matters as needed.
* Maintain responsibility for designing, analyzing, and paying all bonuses for World Headquarters and Special Events Sales.
* Accurately perform and validate monthly, quarterly, and annual bonus calculations.
* Conduct in-depth analysis on compensation plan effectiveness and making recommendations based on findings. Monitor plan performance throughout the year.
* Build models to understand effect of various design options on payout percentages, accounting considerations, financial impact, and compliance. Ensure all programs comply with internal policies and legal requirements and support the organization's goals.
* Partner with the Compensation Analyst to lead ongoing performance management initiatives and the annual merit increase process for WHQ and Sales positions. Lead the World Headquarters MBO process.
* Design and administer employee recognition programs, including program design, vendor management, communication, and troubleshooting.
* Play a key role in the annual executive compensation SEC reporting, including gathering information, drafting CD&A components, and verifying data.
* Write and update all WHQ job descriptions and ensure the job description database is accurate and up-to-date.
* Ensure Dave & Buster's stays in compliance with federal and state wage & hour laws by monitoring, interpreting, and implementing updates. Act as the main consultant for the HR Department and store management teams on matters such as FLSA compliance, state overtime requirements, minimum wage and tipped minimum wage, tipping policies, vacation payouts, and employment of minors.
* Develop and maintain relationships with operations and other World Headquarters departments in order to effectively participate in cross-functional efforts.
* Create and generate standard weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and stand ready to produce ad hoc analysis on the fly.
* Finally, because Dave a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, or Finance; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Advanced MS Excel skills and strong skills in other MS Office products are required. Experience working with an enterprise HRIS system is preferred.
* Excellent analytical, communication and organization skills.
* Ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making.
* Hold yourself accountable to high personal and professional standards of conduct.
* Non typical office environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room, Shuffleboard up front, and we get the whole office together monthly for a "Party on the Patio" to catch up with one another over ice cold "refreshments."
* We work hard, we play hard and we have FUN!
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.