Sr. Component Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSr. Component EngineerJob ID:
Sr. Components Engineer Job Location:
Rochester, New York Job ID:
SIS20161605-11847 Job Description:* Prepare component drawings and specifications for highly complex space-based aerospace products that may be electro-optical, opto-mechanical or electro-mechanical in nature
* Provide support to engineering and purchasing for procurement and selection of parts and materials, prepare nonstandard part and material submittals, interface and work with inside and outside labs to interpret test results and define testing for the purposes of assuring that parts are compliant to requirements
* Effectively communicate with program engineers, management, and customers on technical issues and status of work
* Present results of analysis to program engineers and customers on a regular basis to ensure proper interpretation and understanding
* Act as a technical consultant in areas of expertise and to perform technical reviews of material/component quality documentation including supplier data, test results, etc. to assure conformance to stated requirements. Work is closely supervised
* Follow established procedures and specific, detailed instructions and/or guidance from more senior functional staff Qualifications:* Bachelor degreein Physics, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline with 6+ years of experienceorMaster degreein Physics, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline with 4+ years of experience Additional Skills:* Experience or education concentration in component and/or reliability engineering as related to electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic (EEE) parts application and selection
* Understanding of circuit diagrams and how to interpret them
* Knowledge/familiarity with military and industrial specifications and standards as well as test methods as they relate to parts and materials
* Demonstrated, pro-active communication skills
* Knowledge of EEE part construction
* Experience with one or more EEE part commodities used on space flight programs
* Understanding of device physics and failure modes. Electrical overstress, electro-migration, fatigue, etc.
* Knowledge of radiation effects and other space environments
* Familiarity with the application of various testing methods for EEE parts (i.e. burn-in, temperature cycling, vibration, shock, etc.
* Familiarity with mechanical part and materials requirements as they relate to space flight programs.
* Familiarity with parts control/approval program processes* Familiarity with Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) according to military, customer and internal specifications
* Familiarity with TOR, NASA and IEEE parts standards and test/inspection methods
* Ability to interface with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure program requirements are met
* Confidence presenting status & results to program management Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain security clearances. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Mechanical Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NY - Rochester .