- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Sr. Content Marketing Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
More information about this job:
Riverbed is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for the hybrid enterprise to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed is trusted by the world s best brands for the delivery of superior application performance for their globally connected enterprises. Riverbed s 26,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global100. Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
About this Position:
We are seeking a talented marketer with a brand publisher mindset who loves to create compelling content that optimizes conversions. As a member of our Global Campaigns team, the Content Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and/or sourcing a rich blend of content that feeds our marketing campaigns, digital marketing channels, and sales engine including white papers, blog posts, SlideShare presentations, webinars, how-to guides, sales tools and collateral, and more.
The Content Marketing Manager should have a firm grasp of enterprise B2B sales cycles, content marketing best practices, and a knack for delivering the right messages at the right time in the buyer s journey. Aside from being a polished writer, the Content Marketing Manager should also possess excellent project management skills and perform well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Work closely with campaign managers and marketing leaders from Solutions Marketing and product business units to identify and fulfill content needs for all phases of the campaign lifecycle and buyer s journey.
* Develop and manage project plans and editorial calendars for global campaigns to ensure optimal coverage of campaign themes, distinct storylines, and key solution messages across Riverbed s online and offline marketing channels.
* Inventory and map relevant content types to campaigns, storylines, and the buyer s journey; develop and execute content plan to address gaps and content roadmap.
* Collaborate with various subject matter experts and thought leaders from across the Riverbed organization to stay informed of and influence new content development initiatives.
* Review all content from these other contributors and make recommendations on how to leverage the content in the overall campaign design and contact flow.
* Coordinate with internal creative teams and external design agencies to develop, copyedit, and optimize content for its appropriate placement and promotional channels.
* Work with our industry analyst team as needed to source other forms of premium content, such as research reports, white papers, syndicated articles, and more.
* Influence content marketing distribution plans, including all related promotional tactics and copy, to enhance the reach and visibility of all created assets.
* Coordinate with digital marketing channel owners to optimize the placement and promotion of all content marketing assets across Riverbed s corporate social media channels, website, user communities, and other online properties.
* Create and monitor benchmarks for measuring the impact of all content marketing efforts.
* Report on the effectiveness of all content marketing efforts, factoring in any key findings to continually fine-tune the editorial calendar and identify fresh, engaging tactics.
* Identify opportunities to repurpose existing marketing assets into other forms of content, updating and modifying them as needed.
* Curate and index relevant research reports, articles, and other forms of thought leadership from industry analysts and influencers for use in Riverbed s own content marketing efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Degree in Marketing, Journalism, PR, or Communications preferred
* 7+ years of professional-level B2B marketing experience, with an emphasis on content planning, creation, distribution, and measurement
* Demonstrated ability to lead discussions around content concepts and content marketing best practices
* Proven ability to conduct content reviews, stakeholder interviews, content audits and inventories, and content performance analysis
* Experience developing and executing marketing campaigns and programs
* Able to write effective copy for a wide range of marketing platforms, including web, print, video, and social media
* Top-notch copyediting and proofreading skills
* Familiarity with SEO/SEM practices
* Working knowledge of content management systems and blogging platforms
* Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture and Google Analytics is a plus
* Data-driven marketer with strong analytical skills that influence future content development decisions
* Is a self-starter and a solid team player who owns his or her success metrics
* Must have a strong sense of initiative and ability to work under presssure on multiple projects
Why Riverbed Technology*
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.