- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Sr. Contract Specialist
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job ID: REQ20004189
The Sr. Legal Contract Specialist primary responsibility is to provide general paralegal support in the areas of regulatory filings, HIPAA privacy (i.e., review of business associate agreements, patient communications, etc.), standard business-to-business agreements (e.g., confidentiality agreements, agreements in support of FSA/HSA/HRA business), and PBM, rebate, and provider network contracts.
* Assist with coordination and preparation of regulatory filings.
* With attorney oversight, review and draft confidentiality agreements, business associate agreements, and agreements in support of ConnectYourCare (i.e., FSA, HSA, HRA administration).
* Support overflow work in the areas of PBM contracting, rebate contracting, and network provider contracting.
* Review patient education and communication materials for compliance with HIPAA marketing rules.
* Manage special projects as assigned.
* Paralegal degree, Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
* 5-8 years of relevant experience or Master s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
* Paralegal certificate
* Notary public
* PC skills proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written communications
* Excellent proofreading/editing skills
* Attention to detail
* Experience with HIPAA privacy law, especially with negotiating business associate agreements, managing regulatory filings and with FSA/HSA/HRA preferred
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Legal manages all legal and regulatory compliance matters impacting business operations. Our teams of attorneys and paralegals have different areas of responsibility, including contract generation, negotiation and procurement.
Legal s primary areas of responsibility include overseeing contracting activities and licensing, providing legal advice, ensuring corporate compliance, managing litigation activity, ensuring SEC compliance, and supporting merger and acquisition activity. Legal also drives the company s public affairs efforts at both the federal and state levels.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.