Sr Contracts Coordinator / Contracts Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
Manages day to day business dealings in accordance with contractual requirements. Interfaces with assigned customers and internal program team. Manages day to day purchase order receipt and loading, change responses, aged receivables, pricing issues and other contractual related issues. Engages in customer request for quotes, terms and conditions and regulatory requirements and communicates to functions.
* Review Purchase orders for contractual compliance as well as obtain buy-off and approval from program team
* As necessary, formally respond to customer orders noting acceptance, rejection or reasons for conditional acceptance
* Support contract negotiations and generate contractual coverage when required (i.e. Authority to Proceed, Memorandum of Understanding)
* Ensure changes are input in to change management process, assessed and customer responses are submitted and resolved
* Review, mark-up and negotiate terms and conditions in accordance with GKN position
* Coordinate pre-contract planning meetings to ensure customer requirements are understood and GKN s position is documented
* Load orders and review ERP system requirements to ensure orders are accurately reflected
* Manage aged receivables for all customer accounts and resolve any payment issues
* Manage fact find meetings with Customer
* Research, compile and draft claims and assertions to customers; manage through resolution
* Work with Business Development or Program Directors to manage the development and delivery of proposals per customer assignment and requirements.
* Coordinate proposal activity assignments for the contracts / commercial function : review customer RFQs, understand, communicate and review bid package terms and conditions, aid in pricing development and proposal documentation support
* Provide business communication link with customer, obtain estimates, and generate pricing information
* Guide proposal through company obtaining management pricing decision
* Understand and adhere to FAR/DFAR requirements
* Have a clear understanding of rates and factors as well as pricing strategy and be able to apply in practical settings
* Coordinate re-bid activities.
* Conduct contract launch activities for new and follow-on contracts to ensure contractual requirements are understood by all internal parties
* Provide input to Company business plan and marketing plan.
* Ensure the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
* Comply with the GKN Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff is aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
* Administer and comply with the Company's Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Policies in all personnel actions and implement effective affirmative action to ensure attainment of the company's Diversity goals. Adhere to and enforce human resources policies and procedures to provide fair and equitable treatment for all associates while ensuring optimum productivity and resource utilization. Prepare and conduct regular associate performance reviews with each direct report at least once each year, as required.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
REQUIRED SKILL IN:
* Requires ability to achieve proficiency in broad business practices including negotiating, scheduling, planning, budgeting, terms and conditions review, cost pricing principles, government contract terms & conditions, government business regulations and subcontracting.
* Understanding of composites materials, design, processes, manufacturing, operations and applications is a plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Contractual terms knowledge; ability to independently assess a contractual document
* Ability to work independently to identify, work and resolve contractual issues with minimal oversight
* P&L experience a plus.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
GKN Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)