Sr. Corporate Development Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Corporate Development Senior Analyst is a position reporting to the Sr Director Corporate Development. The individual will be involved in various aspects of the M&A and corporate strategy processes, including mergers & acquisitions execution, strategic planning, market analysis, strategic venture capital investment initiatives, and special projects. This individual will actively participate in all aspects of the corporate development process including outreach and sourcing, qualification, market research, competitive analysis (business and financial), due diligence, deal execution and post-deal integration taking a holistic, cross-functional approach.
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes.
- This individual will apply broad expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex given time, budget and resource constraints.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
This is a high impact role with significant exposure to NetApp executive staff.
* M&A Transaction Execution including Business Proposal Development and Financial Analysis
* Support VP and other senior leaders in driving the development of NetApp s corporate vision, strategy, and long-term strategic priorities
* Contribute to cross-functional strategic projects. Facilitate cross-functional teams, engage and communicate with Senior Management. Support strategy projects into the execution phase
*Work with line business leaders to develop strategies and scenario analysis for growth and investment strategies.
*Provide initiative analysis in support of Company s portfolio of strategic opportunities.
* Identify opportunities for new products and technology by maintaining a high level of contact with technology companies, consultants, venture investors, and other external sources
*Participate the due diligence activities and integration planning/execution
Skills & Characteristics:
- Strong presentation development (PowerPoint) and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and on cross functional teams.
- Excellent M&A financial modeling skills.
- Knowledge of high tech industry and markets.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to think strategically
- Very strong quantitative analysis skills
- Internally motivated self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals
- Must be able to work under deadlines to meet objectives and be able to handle multiple tasks
Education and Experience
* Bachelor degree, computer science or engineering major a plus
*2 - 4 years work experience as an Analyst
*Strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy experience
*Demonstrated Mergers and Acquisitions experience.
*High Tech Experience is a must and storage industry and related technology architecture knowledge a strong plus
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.