Sr. Corporate Tax Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
About the Team:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
About the Job:
Stanley Black & Decker is recruiting for a Senior Corporate Tax Specialist to work on our World Headquarters Tax Team. The ideal candidate will possess public accounting and/or Big 4 tax experience and strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have demonstrated analytical and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Solid understanding of ASC740, Accounting for Income Taxes, including the ability to prepare Federal, State and foreign tax accruals with working knowledge of deferred taxes and the impact of items on the effective tax rate. Responsibilities will include the detail review and validation of deferred tax and current tax payable accounts.
* Assist with the ongoing integration of Longview tax provision software into various functions of the SBD Tax Department, including tax compliance, planning and forecasting.
* Ability to drive process improvements in the income tax reporting and compliance areas by leveraging the latest in software and tax technology tools, as well as, applying innovative thinking to adapt to the continuously changing financial accounting and income tax environments.
* Preparation of Federal and State income tax returns including estimates and extensions for U.S. entities. This includes documentation and research of Federal and State tax issues, as well as, the integration of newly acquired subsidiaries.
* Assist with preparation of State apportionment work papers and the state e-filing process.
* Assist with/manage the implementation of the recently issued Tangible Personal Property Regulations, LIFO/IPIC/UNICAP computations, Research and Development tax credit calculations and other special projects, as they arise. Assist Tax Managers and Directors on various projects, including research and planning, implementation of new process initiatives and other time sensitive projects.
* Perform Federal and State tax modeling and analysis to quantify impact of proposed transactions and reorganizations.
* Participate in State Audits including drafting IDR responses and analyzing results.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance, and/or advanced degree (MST) preferred.
* CPA certificate or working towards a CPA.
* 2-6 years experience with a public accounting firm or some combination of Big 4 and industry with a strong concentration in tax compliance and tax accounting (ASC740) of Subchapter C Corporations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong knowledge of SAP, Hyperion HFM, Corptax compliance software, Longview provision software, RIA Checkpoint/BNA or similar, as well as, the suite of Microsoft Office products.
* Operate independently, while being detail oriented and self-motivated.
* Must work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines and have the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Willingness to accept additional responsibilities and continually strive to improve processes across the tax function.
* Ability to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion.
Why Stanley Black & Decker*
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
* Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.