Sr Cost Management Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThroughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We currently have an opportunity to add a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking individual looking to shift gears and join the team in our MONROE, GA facility as a SENIOR COST MANAGEMENT ANALYST for our FINANCE DEPARTMENT. You offer us your determination and work-ethic, we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
As a valued member of the Finance Team, the Senior Cost Management Analyst will drive revenue and earnings growth through recommending optimal pricing decisions to be made by the Sales and DE teams as well as ensuring proper Profit by Product Reporting.
* Develop cost estimates including labor, material, services, and any other costs needed to execute project.
* Build and maintain business plans and define ways to identify gaps and opportunities.
* Provide financial analysis, planning and budget control.
* Coordinate with Sales Team, Costing Team and Management Team to ensure financial goals are met on new business initiatives.
* Coordinate with Purchasing Team, Product Management Team, Production Engineering, Production, and all other related teams to ensure optimal pricing throughout product lifecycle.
* Advise on profitability of lines of business and products.
* Validate sales quotations for accuracy and profitability.
* Ensure quality and cost focus within short proposal cycles.
* Responsible for the development of product costs.
* Maintain an active pricing matrix for customers.
* Contribute to decisions on current and new product target pricing to ensure market acceptance.
* Participate in customer and design technical meetings.
* Support internal review meetings to gain approval of stakeholders.
* Track and validate the targets vs. actuals of investments made.
* Prepare semi-annual budget including collaborating with department managers.
* Monitor and manage the Cost Roll process for responsible locations.
* Provide regular and ad-hoc pricing analysis and reporting for management.
* Comprehend customer specifications, technical concepts, descriptions, layouts, and processes
* Respond to queries raised by the customer to support approval of offer.
* Uphold strong alignment with other departments (i.e. logistics, production, sales and information technology).
* Establish and maintain work relationships with all levels through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
* Follow relevant policies and procedures so that work is carried out in controlled manner.
* When necessary, provide training to other associates on Profit Management Team.
* Work additional tasks as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting is required. MBA preferred.
5 years of experience as a Pricing Analyst, Financial Analyst or in a related occupation
Demonstrable knowledge in accounting (costing), finance (break-even analysis, payback period, discounted cash flow), and operations (capacity planning)
Superiority with Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel and PowerPoint
Root Cause Analysis, DFA/DFM Study, R&M, Process capability, availability, cycle time, production volumes, cost estimates, machine specifications, and total cost of ownership.
The individual must be capable of planning, organizing, communicating within, and in some cases leading, a cross-functional team
Experience in an OE or Automotive Aftermarket supplier is preferred but not required.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).