Sr. Counsel - Labor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ETP) is a master limited partnership owning and operating one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. ETP's subsidiaries include Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company, LP (the successor of Southern Union Company) and Lone Star NGL LLC, which owns and operates natural gas liquids storage, fractionation and transportation assets. In total, ETP currently owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas and natural gas liquids pipelines. ETP also owns the general partner, 100% of the incentive distribution rights, and approximately 67.1 million common units in Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE:SXL), which operates a geographically diverse portfolio of crude oil and refined products pipelines, terminalling and crude oil acquisition and marketing assets. Additionally, ETP owns approximately 51% of the limited partner interests in Sunoco LP (formerly Susser Petroleum Partners LP) (NYSE:SUN), a wholesale fuel distributor and convenience store operator. ETP's general partner is owned by Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE:ETE).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for labor and employment law matters
- Advise and counsel Human Resources, business leaders and managers on labor and employment issues including: benefits, hiring, leave, accommodations, discipline, terminations, compliance, traditional labor and compensation
- Develop employment policies and procedures and be a key liaison with Human Resources
- Lead or provide assistance for internal investigations and in defending employment-related litigation, including responding to administrative claims and working with outside counsel
- Draft severance agreements and executive employment agreements
- Draft and present training on employment and labor issues to Human Resources as well as to business leaders and managers
- responsible for identifying and recommending remedial measures, best practices and other action items as appropriate to further company's employment law compliance
- perform other responsibilities as assigned or as may be necessary, such as assisting on the labor, employment and benefits issues of mergers, acquisitions or divestitures
Required education or minimum level:
- Current member in good standing with any state bar;
- Must become admitted to the Texas State Bar within one year of employment if not already admitted;
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a law firm, government, or in-house position as a labor and employment law attorney;
- Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to distill legal issues for management review;
- Demonstrated leadership, people-management, and respectful interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with clients and as part of a cross-functional team;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, primarily domestic.
- Microsoft Suite
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Driving, walking, sitting, standing frequently
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications