Customer Service Representative - Corona, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCorporate Overview
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
R.W. Lyall, a Hubbell company, is one of the most trusted names in oil and gas pipeline components manufacturing, and has an undisputed reputation for quality. The Lyall mission is to consistently manufacture the safest, most reliable, installer-friendly oil and gas pipeline products available. From wellhead to distribution and all points in between, Lyall keeps the oil and gas industry moving.
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for interacting directly with our customers to ensure that their requirements are clearly translated and in alignment with Lyall s capabilities. Leverage your comprehensive product and customer knowledge to effectively identify, define and act on sales opportunities.
* Continuously build and maintain positive customer relationships
* Enter customer orders in accordance with standard work procedures
* Primary point of contact for inbound calls relating to serving the needs of existing or potential customers
* Makes outbound lead follow-up contact with potential and existing customers to qualify leads and sell and promote products and services
* Make sales calls to potential and/or existing customers and participate in customer training as required
* Interface with Regional Sales Manager ensuring that account activities are effectively communicated
* Interface with Regional Sales Managers to define opportunities and create business plans for targeted accounts as required
* Interface with various departments (engineering, QC, accounting, test lab, etc.) to coordinate responses to customer inquiries
* Maintain and monitor pricing and margins in accordance with corporate pricing policy
* Maintain customer data base
* Monitoring sales, delivery and/or QC activities with associated customers and communicating those trends/data to appropriate team members
* Monitor stock levels, enter orders, coordinate with manufacturing and arrange shipments for participating VMI (SRS) customers
* Initiate engineering projects to accommodate customer request for specific products or services
* Capture product sample opportunities and coordinate the creation of those samples in accordance with standard procedures
* Capture new opportunities to bid projects in the Lyall Bid Log and coordinates review of customer specifications and pricing to ensure delivery of the bid to the customer in the expected time frame
* Captures customer complaints /RMA and coordinates investigation to ensure that corrective action is taken and that the corrective actions is effectively communicated to the customer
* May participate in the negotiation of product settlement of claims, for which company is responsible.
* Update daily sales Gemba boards, identify and report relevant Demand Generation activities at the daily Gemba walk
Education & Experience
* Bachelors degree or equivalent from an accredited school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Efficient on Microsoft Word applications
* High degree of organization, discipline, self- motivation and evaluation
* Ability to type letters, memos & emails
* File correspondence and other records according to the company file plans
* Ability to read and comprehend information
* Effectively present information and work with the department manager, individual salespeople, customers and factory floor/support personnel
* Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.