Sr Data Management Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
SAS has proudly helped our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics for more than 40 years. SAS employees around the world provide unparalleled technical acumen and domain expertise, and collectively contribute to SAS acclaimed culture of innovation. We have a workplace like no other. We believe in stimulating work, an empowering management philosophy where you are encouraged to take risks and an inspiring workplace where creativity thrives.
We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Federal Government practice as a Data Management/Business Intelligence Consultant. As a member of the Federal DM/BI consulting practice, you will leverage your detailed technical knowledge of specific SAS methodologies, projects, and technologies to support sales opportunities and large-scale implementations in the Federal government market.
We are looking for client-facing consultants with a talent for imposing order on inbound data of poor quality and then surfacing insightful visualizations and analyses. Duties include understanding client business pains and translating them into requirements for software solutions; collaborating with other professional services colleagues, project managers, and sales teams on customer implementations; providing technical expertise to pre-sales efforts as necessary; keeping abreast of relevant developments and trends; and performing other duties as assigned. Frequent travel is necessary to support consulting or pre-sales engagements at customer sites located predominately in the Northern Virginia/ DC/ Baltimore area.
* Bachelor's degree preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field or equivalent professional experience.
* Four years of professional experience implementing or using information systems in a data-intensive environment.
* Four additional years of data management experience, or four additional years of experience in business intelligence/ data visualization.
* Experience with the base SAS programming language.
* Travel requirements are approximately 25% or as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
* Work locations are in Northern Virginia/DC/Baltimore area.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
* Ability to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core SAS offerings.
* Ability to execute against a general set of objectives creatively and in a self-directed manner.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team.
* Microsoft Office skills.
* Top Secret clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance.
* Previous Federal government experience involving data management or data analysis.
* SAS certifications
* Experience in at least one of the following four domains: data management to include data integration and data quality; business intelligence/ data visualization; advanced analytical techniques; and SAS platform administration.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn