Sr. Data Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
Saint Paul, MN
Infor builds beautiful business applications with last mile functionality and scientific insights for select industries delivered as a cloud service. With 13,000 employees and customers in more than 200 countries and territories, Infor builds software that automates critical processes for industries including healthcare, manufacturing, fashion, wholesale distribution, hospitality, retail, and public sector. Headquartered in New York City, Infor is home to one of the largest creative agencies in Manhattan, Hook & Loop, focused solely on user experience design. Infor applications deliver a user experience that is fun and engaging while helping eliminate the need for customization through embedded deep industry domain. Infor deploys its applications primarily on the Amazon Web Services cloud and open source platforms. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor Retail's DEMAND Group is a talented group of data scientists and business consultants who use predictive analytics, technical, and business skills to help retailers quantitatively understand and project consumer demand. Data scientists within the DEMAND Group use an innovative and powerful machine learning foundational capability to configure solutions for supply chain demand forecasting and merchandising what-if applications. Data scientists crunch billions of rows of data on the cloud, harnessing on-demand utility computing to elastically implement algorithmic capabilities beyond that which can be achieved in behind-the-firewall applications on fixed servers.
Team members handle all aspects of the data science pipeline, including data ingestion, cleansing, feature engineering, execution of machine learning and forecasting, assessment of accuracy, estimation of benefits, and more. Our team members work closely with downstream consumers of forecasts such as replenishment, pricing, markdown, and other prescriptive analytics applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Master s Degree in Operations Research, Statistics / Data Science, Econometrics or related field plus 5 years experience or PhD and 1 year experience.
* Presenting and explaining data science / forecasting to customers
* Feature engineering
* Developing and exercising prototypes of models and algorithms.
* Preparing design documentation of models and algorithms.
* Developing techniques for performing forecast diagnostics.
* Leading implementation project design workshops to clarify and document business requirements and constraints.
* Performing detailed, hands-on, analysis of a client s retail sales data to validate that it conforms to expectations.
* Conducting tuning analysis to support configuration decisions, such as hyper-parameter tuning, transformations of causal factors, convergence parameters for optimization.
* Training and supervising the work of junior scientists and consultants on deployment and configuration of forecasting solutions.
* Developing training materials for end-users and conduct user training.
* Collaborate with internal and external IT teams to support integration, interfacing and conversion.
* Working closely with internal and external project teams to ensure quality work is delivered and deadlines are met.
* EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION AND PRESENTATION SKILLS, STAGE PRESENCE
* HAVE A PASSION FOR EXPLAINING RETAIL DATA SCIENCE TO CUSTOMERS
* 5+ YEARS OF COMMERCIAL OR INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE AFTER THE MASTER S DEGREE, WITH SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCE IN THE DEVELOPMENT AND/OR USE OF LARGE SCALE DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS (OR PH.D. PLUS 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE).
* EXPERIENCE IN ONE OR MORE MATHEMATICAL OR STATISTICAL MODELING TOOLS: R, PYTHON/SCIKIT-LEARN OR SIMILAR.
* EXPERIENCE IN MANIPULATION AND ANALYSIS OF LARGE DATASETS AND ASSOCIATED TOOLS (E.G., SQL, HADOOP)
* COMPUTER PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE (E.G., C++, PYTHON, JAVA, OTHER)
Equal Opportunity Employer. Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the OADA, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.