Sr. Database Engineer 8/16/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Database Engineer is a very important role within the Database Operations Team at MZ. This role collaborates closely with Game, Business Intelligence, Operations and entire team at MZ. As a Database Engineer you will be responsible for the production pipelines and helping to shape and scale it. You should love working with Java and have experience with Apache Storm and have worked with data pipelines and hadoop. You will be viewed as an expert in your field and should have experience leading or mentoring a team.
- Maintaining, improving and scaling production pipelines in Apache Storm
- Monitoring and resolving performance, and capacity issues.
- Assist Engineering teams with troubleshooting and finetuning
- Automation is in everything we do. Ability to create scripts and programs that would automate daily tasks
- Work closely with the Engineering teams in ensuring good practices are followed.
- Investigate and benchmark other solutions
- Minimum 5 years of developing on Java
- Experience working with Apache Storm
- Have had experience working with production pipelines
- Experience in automation using python
- Good understanding and knowledge of Linux (CentOS)
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge/Experience in Hadoop
- Knowledge/Experience in Elastic Search, Kibana and Logstash
- Experience with Graphite or other monitoring tools and implementing graphs