Sr. Database Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Smith Micro Software, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSmith Micro Software is looking for experienced Database Engineer to join our CommSuite server development team. You will be working in a group of creative and ambitious developers, implementing the latest technology in premium voicemail and messaging services. We have an absolute focus on product quality, using agile development to build and maintain a large-scale system supporting millions of users. You will be an important part of our entire development process, from design to release.
Work both within a team and independently on new functionalities, improvements, and bugs. Deploy strategies for backups, migration of databases changes, and longer-term system growth. Should be able to work independently. Effectively follow change management guidelines for all the changes made to the production and pre-production databases. Work with software development team to identify the database requirements for application deployment.
* 5+ years of experience on 10g or 11g RDBMS software releases.
* 3+ years of experience in both transactional (web-based or client/server applications) and data warehousing environments (design, development, reporting, ETL, etc.)
* 5+ years of experience in database development/engineering, including software specification, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
* 2+ years of experience supporting two or more databases including handling advanced database installations and troubleshooting
* 2-5 years of fluency in SQL, including DML and DDL
* 2-5 years of PL/SQL programming experience (including using debugging techniques and tools such as an IDE-based debugger and the hierarchical profiler)
* Work with cross-functional operations teams such as systems, storage, and network to design database technology stacks
* Strong experience designing highly available and scalable database solutions
* Should have experience with server-based Java technologies such as JBOSS, EJB, JMS, SOAP, Hibernate
* Experience working with remote teams
* Fluent in English
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
* Experience in all areas of database architecture (analysis, logical/physical design, tuning, programming)
* 1 - 2 years of experience with MySQL, including development of triggers and stored procedures
* User of an integrated development editor (IDE) such as SQL Developer or TOAD
* Experience setting up and managing Advanced Queueing and s streams
* Experience developing for clustered server architectures.
* Knowledge of mobile broadband devices and operator infrastructures
* Experience with a bug tracking system such as JIRA or Bugzilla
* Experience in Wiki systems such as Confluence
* Knowledge of web-application architecture
* Java ming experience (server-side and/or mobile)
* Experience with Tableau or other business intelligence tools
* Experience with Linux-based tools (i.e., crontab, grep/sed, GAWK)