Sr. Decision Support Analyst - Healthcare
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT CEDARS-SINAI
Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is located in Los Angeles, California. Our dedicated professionals bring everything they have to provide the highest quality patient care to the communities they serve in the greater Los Angeles metro area. As an employee within the Cedars-Sinai Medical Network, you can expect the same high-performance standards, culture and collaboration that you would expect from the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
This position is responsible for the creation, design, and maintenance of clinical and financialreports for business operations and internal management. Responsibilities include extracting data through database queries, analyzing results through the use of reporting tools, and performing analytical and technical tasks required for complex projects. This position functions as an internal consultant to provide analysis and support to departments in Medical Network Services, Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation, Cedars-Sinai Medical Group, Cedars-Sinai Health Associates, and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
WHY CEDARS SINAI
Exceptionally developed skills, a dedication to excellence and a desire to transcend the ordinary. This is the source of true art. It is also the foundation for the world-class healthcare provided at Cedars-Sinai. If you want to be your best, you owe it to yourself to work with the best. You'll have that opportunity when you work at Cedars-Sinai Medical Network.
* Query data and create accurate clinical and financialreports for management decision making.
* Serve as a technical and subject matter expert to other analysts.
* Extract, manipulate, analyze and present data from Oracle, IDX, Centricity, and EPIC using Hyperion (Brio), Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Access and Excel.
* Build end user web-based and non web-based reports.
* Generate clinical reports for patient quality initiatives.
* Create reports to measure physician clinical and productivity performance.
* Generate information for senior management to evaluate the impact of rate proposals from health plans utilizing actuarial modeling system.
* Generate necessary information for senior management to analyze cost of ancillary and specialty agreements for contract changes, including PMPM cost targets by specialty area.
* Develop and maintain system to monitor monthly expenses by specialty and ancillary service type.
* Determine impact of managed care contract changes on both revenues and expenses.
* Coordinate with the operational departments to audit IDX and EPIC for data quality.
* Monitor data warehouse updates.
* Provide data and analyses for use in contract, risk pool and financial negotiations.
* Provide support, leadership and instruction to Decision Support, Finance, Contracting, Utilization Management and other departments as needed.
* Provide analytical support to the Medical Delivery Network Data Warehouse initiative.
* Provide management with information from a variety of internal and external sources regarding programmatic proposals, prepared financial analyses and management level interpretation of complex data sets.
* Work independently with management to prioritize, synthesize and define information needs, translate needs into specification and promote automated access to key management information.
* EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in a healthcare, computer science, business, other technical discipline and/or 4years related experience
* Experience in health care administration preferred
* Extensive knowledge of PC applications, particularly relational databases and spreadsheets, is necessary
* Excellent interpersonal, organization and analytical skills are mandatory
* SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE
* Hardware: PC with Windows
* Software: IDX, Hyperion (Brio), Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, and Oracle