Sr. Design Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Company
North Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTION* Lead for providing equipment specifications for vendors to quote required assembly equipment.
* Drives reviews of equipment quotes, leads design reviews and manages and lead project teamsto provide assembly equipment.
* Ensures equipment and fixtures are durable, easy to set up, adjust and maintain.
* Key participant in DFMEA, PFMEA, and CTQ processes assuring specifications are well defined and documented.
* Skilled in CAD, 2D and 3D
* Knowledgeable in PLC's, Electrical Schematics, Pneumatics and Vision systems.
* Assure production requirements are achieved for equipment specifications, supplier selection, and qualification.
Conceptual leader for technology advances associated with tooling and process development.
* Communicate and coordinate activities with multiple functional groups both within and outside of operations
* Dynamic, positive attitude
* Strong Mechanical Design experience with focus on equipment reliability, ease of set up / adjustments and ease of maintenance.
* Strong communication, manufacturing process, product industrialization and leadership skills.
* Solid design, troubleshooting and presentation skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* Well versed in molding (MIM), stamping and machining methods and assembly processes.
*Experience in semi-automated assembly equipment typically used for Surgical Devices.
Experience in Equipment Software and PLC programing.
* Working Knowledge of Six Sigma.