Sr. Design Engineer 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr. Design Engineer
Our client, an established, reputable company is looking for a Sr. Design Engineer to join their team in Rochester, NY as a full-time employee. The Sr. Design Engineer works in conjunction with the appropriate stakeholders to innovate and develop ideas into manufacturable and marketable products in the sporting goods industry.
* Research, Develop, and Test new product innovations in the sporting goods industry.
* Generate Engineering Drawings and Specifications to manufacture premium equipment.
* Develop, Test, and Validate designs and concepts, including preparing new products for delivery to manufacturing.
* Plan, organize, and execute conceptual and detail design work to support new product introductions, or adjustments to existing product lines.
* Utilize a creative development process to conceptualize new ideas.
* Develop products to the highest standard of performance, cost effectiveness, and manufacturability.
* Generate Design documentation, prints, Bill of Materials for release to manufacturing.
* Manage time and resources effectively, including completing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical group.
* Manage projects, track status, resolve issues, and deliver products that achieve or exceed project requirements for performance, budget, and time.
* Prepare technical documents ( test reports, specifications ).
* Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
* Develop validation plan for new products and complete testing on prototypes and production parts.
* Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contractrequirements, and related specifications.
* Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
* Analyze and validate designs using FEA software.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering; or 5-10years of equivalent Engineering experience.
* 3+ years of design experience, preferably in consumer products.
* Strong technical background in Design and Manufacturing.
* Skilled in SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software.
* Self-motivated, driven and passionate.
* Ability to travel5-10% of the time.